Introduce Yourself...

clackey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought it'd be great to get to know a few more fellow pilots!

Me? Novice pilot, web entrepreneur, aspiring urban farmer, husband, father of 4, proud Texan...

I have been an avid RC hobbyist since I was a kid. Everything from control line aircraft, home built crawlers, nitro monster trucks, helicopters, etc. I like to build my own RC's including multi rotors. My wife and I own a small business here in New York where if it's not taxed yet, it soon will be! :D I am also an amateur photographer with a great interest in night photography. Flying camera platforms have really opened up the possibilities.

Hello from Indonesia I just have my bird, I used to flying Phantom series, I hope it better than Phantom

Hey everybody,

I'm from Vancouver, amateur photographer/videographer, and simply STOKED to see what awesome pics/vids I can get with my Solo.

This forum has some great information for people like me who are just starting out, thanks for all the info so far. Happy Flying!!

Cheers.

I'm an amateur photographer and filmmaker, and relatively new to the multi rotor hobby. Solo is my second multi rotor, the first being a Tarot 650 I built from parts using Pixhawk.

Hey Everyone,

I live in Portland OR and am a marketing manager and hobbyist photographer. Really looking forward to the weather being a bit more conducive to flying my new Solo! I have flown some toy type quad rotors, but otherwise a newb when it comes to flying anything heavier than a stack of business cards. Taking it slow so I don't destroy my new drone. Looking forward to soaking up the knowledge base here, and eventually contributing.

Cheers,

Jason

Reactions: PdxSteve
Hello from North Vancouver Island,
First time done owner. Looking forward to getting plenty of awesome wilderness footage. Learning very quickly that although these drones are advertised as "easy to fly" knowing how to operate the drone well is still a very important asset. I've already heard some great ideas on this forum and hope to get more and even give some.
Have a great day all!

Reactions: Cal Dawson
Southwestern Connecticut here! Lots of rules and restrictions here. 1st time drone owner; new to photo/video. Highly experienced at 1.5 months!!!!!! Loving this forum.

Josh

First time done owner. Looking forward to getting plenty of awesome wilderness footage. Learning very quickly that although these drones are advertised as "easy to fly" knowing how to operate the drone well is still a very important asset. I've already heard some great ideas on this forum and hope to get more and even give some.
Have a great day all!
Have a great day all!
Where on Vancouver Island are we talking, I'm originally (Well still from) from Campbell River....

Hi All, a wooly jumper here! have never been a forum person but keen to develop skills / technology to aid in capturing fun videos from above (and learn from others misfortunes). Currently flying my very first drone: "stock 3dr solo, gimbal and GoPro hero 4". Hope to contribute to the forum and pass on any experiences gained.

J

Hi all, from the UK. New Solo Pilot. Been flying and building multirotors and fixed wing for about a year. I'm an Amateur photographer and very excited about my new Solo and hope to share and learn from other owners on here!

From Hope, B.C.
Lurking on here for a while learning what I could before going for my first flights.
The machine was in a box for a month before I took it out. RC Heli experience from waaay back. This drone is a little easier to fly! : )

Non edited first flight:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks to everyone here for the useful input!

Reactions: Acroduster
I like to say hello to everyone. just bought a new 3dr solo. I've had the chance to fly it, and it was so much fun. I am new to drones so if anyone have any pointers , I would be glad to hear them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc