in Tower, add a shapefile (.shp)?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new to Solo but i have a custom drone runing a Piwhawk. I do some mapping and i want to know if it possible to add an ESRI shapefile in Tower for a better location of the survey?

thanks

I've never seen or read about anyone doing that in my experience on DIYD or here. Nothing comes up googling it either. Doesn't appear to be doable at this time.

tower doesn't support shapefiles. to add that functionality would require a custom version of tower. since tower is open source all it would take would be to do it.

mapbox supports shapefiles so what you can do is create a map with a shapefile layer and then use that map in tower.

Last edited:
Will Tower use/import other formats? I've used shape files quite a bit and have written some converters to use with google maps, etc.

thanks for your replies, i'll look more closely Mapbox because i haven't succeeded yet connected Solo to Mission planner...

I managed to create a Mapbox classic project and to use it at as background layer in Tower. In the next step I imported a GeoJSON polygon into the map whcih is displayed accuratly. If I open the map in a browser everything looks well. I can swithc on and off the vector-layer with a button. In Tower neither the tab for the layer selection nor the vector-file itself is displayed.
Maybe you guys have a solution for that problem. Maybe my whole worklow is wrong...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea