IMX6 Pixhawk2.1

Reaction score
I am ordering some parts for a build this week and as at a cross roads maybe someone had some experience with it...

I am either going to order the s1000+ frame and a pixhawk 2.1 or a tarot t18 with the pixhawk 2.1 (if anyone has a suggestion for a bigger frame I'm open to it, money isn't much of an issue in this build, payload is) I need to lift 8-15kg. I will either use the Edison or imx6 for solo link. This will be carrying done supplies to a hard to reach area for someone with Parkinson's. Sololink with give us control and video but will it work with the stock Pixhawk2.1 not green cube? This would help us keep the solo transmitter hdmi out and save a little cash. The frame just needs 8 motors just in case a motor failure and high payload. Also can we use the imx6 with say a futaba or frsky we prefer the horus. Right now my list is a Pixhawk2.1 s1000+ or Pixhawk2.1 or tarot t18 <300kv motors and 18" props. I want these 100kv motors but props are recommended for 26" props so i think that's a no go. The solo imx6 seems like the way to go but i need 8 motors so the green cube doesn't look viable, any help is appreciated.

If you're not trying to achieve the smart shots and other fancy app features, which it sounds like you're not, then you're wasting your time and limiting your range using the Solo's IMX and controller. Totally pointless, and just limits you. You're limited to the range of the Solo's WiFi if you do that.

For what you're doing, you will want to use a traditional RC controller. And ideally an RFD900x radio for telemetry and RC. And a traditional video transmitter, receiver, and monitor.

Any Pixhawk 1, 2, or 2.1 supports 8 motors. The green cube is a Pixhawk 2.1, just uses 5 volt signalling for the solo. So you'll want to just get the Pixhawk 2.1 and carrier board from Jesters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela