I'm considering Solo purchase, B&H $199...

Bicyclemonkey-
How many different ways are there to say “ Hey Yeah!”?? Solo is awesome especially now that some of the Solo Gurus have started developing new updates for Solo to improve both performance and safety! Don’t let the smoke from this fire-sale fool you- Solo is a flying beast!! Now do yourself a favor and hit that “ purchase button! “ ; you won’t be sorry!

Reactions: Solo Keith
The only drawbacks I can see....
A) You WILL want a couple extra batteries, cause one will not fill your needs!
B) You WILL want a gimbal after you get accustom to Solo- it is a HUGE difference
C) The gimbal is a little more costly than the actual Solo at this point but it’s worth it; remember, you are getting the drone for a fraction its original cost and the gimbal when released was $399 I believe- so anything less than that, IS A DEAL. A lot of technology in both Solo and gimbal- It’s amazing!! Oh yeah...
D) LIKE Pringles..... you can’t just have one! You’ll see when you start flying it!!

Reactions: Carl Stopper
The backpack is nice! Usually can find it for about $80-$90. The additional battery, $49 and change- looks like and extra controller battery, B&H sells that right now for about $10- nice to have but once you charge your controller- you will be good for the day- but it’s part of the package ( it’s the extended version so it might be nice.) Extra pair of legs- $4.95, extra sun shade for gopro- $3, shade for phone ( this WILL come in handy ) think it was about $20-
So it looks like about $180 plus in miscellaneous accessories... Think it’s time to pull that credit card out- and join our family! Welcome Aboard.

You may want to check out MASTER AIRSCREW- they manufacturer props for your Solo in four different colors- to add a splash of personality to your Solo! And they are pretty reasonable ( no! they are REAL reasonable!) Version TWO has the lock nut molded into the prop like your 3dr props will!! READ THE MANUAL!! Solo is easy to fly, but the more you know; the better off you will be! The guys on this forum know their stuff; any questions, ask!

Wow I didn't realize MA made props for quads. Until recently I've mainly flown fixed wing R/C and have typically reserved MA props for glow engines and stick with APC or Xoar wood for electric.

Get it while you still can. While you're at it buy 2! I've got 2 Solos, 2 gimbals, 6 batteries, the mRo GPS upgrade, an extra controller, about 4 sets of props, and the official 3DR backpack. Are we having fun yet? :)

I'm sure I'll find out later, but why will I want more than one? A backup in case of crash or fly-off?

My two cents:

As long as there is always a community tinkering and upgrading on new and improved components, software and other things, this sUAS will be here to stay.

Thanks everyone for not giving up on this platform!

I would get the $299 package and a $199 Solo- they had used one at B&H for less than $140. But I would just spend the extra bucks and get them new- You will want the backpack- makes transport a lot easier and keeps all your stuff in one place so the wife isn’t yelling! ( if you have one of those? wife that is!!)

this really works out well for the multi-solo owners for several reasons- like Maddog said- spare parts for “B” if you wreck “A”
And multiple chargers to charge two batteries at one time if you are lucky enough to have 3 or better yet...4 batteries! Sure there are many reasons...for me, I just like having toys....can’t ever have enough guns, ammo or Solos.

Reactions: Dash Hewes
Make sure when you buy a solo to read the manual not included in the packaging. These things are really smart but you must make sure you know exactly what all the buttons do. I almost crashed because I made an assumption about a button. Not complicated, just read the manual. I just bought the B&H $299 package and it is awesome. The book bag got lost in transit but they fixed it quickly. I'm actually thinking of buying a second one as backup.

Reactions: Dash Hewes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc