i have and old drone and i need HELP!!!!

Reaction score
hello my name is Ramon . my drone keeps saying that it needs calibrating . i do not haver any support . and the solo app is not working for android.. did they go out of business .. can any one help

I don't know what to tell you about the app not working. I have heard this from several people on here but have no problems with the app myself. As far as the drone needing calibrated that doesn't require any support, must rotating by hand. The app will walk you thru the process. I would try downloading and reinstalling the app.
Hope this helps,
SKuhn68

can you please tell me how you got the app.. I have a note 20

can you please tell me how you got the app.. I have a note 20
I just downloaded it from the Google Play Store, and you can still do that. But as of 2 days ago I upgraded to a newer Android phone myself and the Solo app does not work on it either. However, I still have my old Android phone and it still works just fine with the app and my Solo. Long story short, you are probably going to have to track down an older Android device in order to get your Solo working unless you want to pay for and learn how to use the third party apps.
SKuhn68

at this point I don't mind paying. what app will you say is good

at this point I don't mind paying. what app will you say is good
I personally have not used ANY of the third party software but from judging from everything I have read on here, Solex and Sidepilot are by FAR the most popular. But I don't know anything about either of them. I don't even know how you would go about loading them. There is a lot of information about how to do that on this site, you'll just have to search for it.
Good luck,
SKuhn68

hello my name is Ramon . my drone keeps saying that it needs calibrating . i do not haver any support . and the solo app is not working for android.. did they go out of business .. can any one help
Hello Ramon,
Please buy Solex from the app store. It is by far the most amazing and capable app for the 3DR I have ever used. I run it on Android 11 on a Galaxy Tab A tablet. You will not regret owning and using Solex. It does cost a few dollars but it is worth it. If you want to, not really necessary if your drone is operating, you can upgrade your Solo to Open Solo 4 by simply using Solex and an internet WiFi connection. If your drone is currently on original Solo and is connecting to the controller and searching for satellites and or asking about compass calibrate, then Solex will handle that for you perfectly. JUST GET SOLEX and you'll be on your way. Otherwise you need an old Android version 5.0 but that is not the way to go because it will dead end you if you ever try to 'preflight update' .. only Solex will get you out of that.
Best Luck and Happy New Year Ramon!
-Dave

Reactions: ChrisLJ10
thanks Dave for your input.. do u think that this drones are better than the maverick? and also wish Solo app.. can you please help with that .thanks in advance

thanks Dave for your input.. do u think that this drones are better than the maverick? and also wish Solo app.. can you please help with that .thanks in advance
Hi Ramon,
I am pretty sure you mean Mavic .. well, this is apples/oranges. To simply charge battery and fly, the Mavic will win but there is no direct comparison between these units except for COST. If you can afford a Mavic you will much happier with it but if you want a bargain, love to tinker, appreciate open source, want to modify and create enhancements the 3DR Solo is your only ready made platform. Of course you could scratch build. Keep in mind the Mavic will constantly do everything the gub'mint wants to prevent you from flying anywhere, anyplace and any time they desire. I bought a Mavic Mini mostly out of curiosity and it is an exceptional flyer and video platform. It's shortcoming is size and power which means it can be blown away in hefty wind currents so I fly it only in calm to mild wind conditions. You can pick up a Mini for around $200 or so on ebay. On the Solo , the battery will be your problem as they are old stock and finding good ones is hit/miss. Again, if you like to tinker then it's no problem to modify/recell batteries. I won't give up my Solo stuff. For your situation, get BOTH and find out for yourself and have fun! Don't fly over people, homes or highways, EVER! ... things happen and they happen FAST ...
Dave

Reactions: ChrisLJ10

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986