I attached a 360 Fly 4K to the accessory bay...

Reaction score
you guys think that will mess with the higher and longer flights.

let me rephrase,

do you think, the solo can handle the additional weight load and still maintain gps due to the physics of the additional weight.

thank you.

Any payload will shorten flight time as you're adding weight. Shouldn't affect height - just maybe how long it takes to climb. Solo can handle a 420g payload, probably more but the question then becomes "for how long?". The gimbal/gopro weight count towards that payload so if you don't need those at the same time it would be best to remove them.

Reactions: mellgibson
That's about 5.5 ounces? Solo will handle it without problems at the cost of flight time.

That's about 5.5 ounces? Solo will handle it without problems at the cost of flight time.

best buy rated the weight of the 360 fly at 0.33 lbs. i dont mind the flight time so much. im just gonna take this bird to hunt.

best buy rated the weight of the 360 fly at 0.33 lbs. i dont mind the flight time so much. im just gonna take this bird to hunt.
Yep, there are videos all over the net showing Solo lifting a Phantom or even another Solo, no sweat. Can't imagine it's doing the bearings any good though.

It handles other cameras no problem. Never even noticed it. Only thing is when I suspend it under the quad about 2 feet to get the legs out of the shot, it acts like a pendulum and wants to fight it a little. Just have to take it easy. But hard mounted is no problem. I use my Ricoh Theta S on mine all the time. Still working on getting smooth video. Pictures are easy.

Post from RICOH THETA. (2016/07/16) #theta360

Reactions: prowler9
I attached the 360fly to the bottom of Solo and I kept getting a magnetic interference message. I believe the magnetic bottom of the camera or its metal base was interfering with Solo. I flew Solo either way and almost had a crash. Solo fly up and immediately began moving side to side and I brought her back down. I landed Solo really hard and removed the camera. I'm afraid to fly with it attached to the drone. I now have the 360fly 4K model which is about $100 more than the previous model. I'm not going to risk that camera.

It handles other cameras no problem. Never even noticed it. Only thing is when I suspend it under the quad about 2 feet to get the legs out of the shot, it acts like a pendulum and wants to fight it a little. Just have to take it easy. But hard mounted is no problem. I use my Ricoh Theta S on mine all the time. Still working on getting smooth video. Pictures are easy.

Hey Shmity, do you have any video you could post somewhere from your Ricoh Theta hanging from your SOLO? I would sure like to see it.
I have a friend who has been playing with the Samsung 360 Gear camera that records in 4K and appears to be a lot more compact and probably lighter. It's just a round sphere and appears to be about the size of the CGO3 camera and it also has a 1/4-20 tri-pod mount in it.

Hi Smitty,

I'm looking to buy as a platform for my ricoh theta S and wondered if you would mind posting how you have yours attached to the solo?

Cheers

I know this is from a few years ago but I am hoping to attach my theta to my Solo and was wondering if you could share how you attached yours. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421