I am SO impressed with the GPS!

Reaction score
Just got in it today, Up & running quickly
Everything worked like it Should, Updates, Charging, GPS lock, apps.

I am impressed with the GPS/OS

Very narrow back yard 20 Ft wide, guide lines wires everywhere. Wind was kicking up really bad here in Corpus Christi. 25 to 35 Mph gust,
Needed to bring her back in. Press Home key, I just knew it wasn't going to make it without hitting something, It Went up about 40 ft , came down real slow, i can see it fighting the wind really hard. landed almost the exact place it took off from.
I really don't think i could have landed it, without the GPS on.

So far so good.

Awesome! I'm about 100 miles north of you. Waiting for the evening cool down before I get out and fly....TOO HOT! We're supposed to hit 100 this weekend..

Reactions: SteveReno
Same here regarding heat - near 100 - and GPS experience ... I have been flying off the curb in front of my home and demonstrating flight modes to my neighbors. They think I am pretty cool now! RTH has proven to be quite reliable.

Couple things. You might consider using tower to raise that return to home elevation. It's actually 49' and in most cases that is not high enough. Also you want to be ready to take control when doing that rth at the location you are describing as it is a recipe for disaster and the GPS really can't be trusted 100%.

Glad you are having fun. Good bunch of guys and gals here so if you have questions they are good about answers!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SteveReno
Followed your video to change the RTH altitude and was really easy. Thanks again.

@rrmccabe - How do you like the Samsung 8.4 Tab S? I am using the Note 4, but would like to get get a bigger screen.

Reactions: rrmccabe
Anybody else see that gps taking much longer to lock latley and hdop is much higher even with up to 10 or 11 sats I'm still between 3 or 4 hdop and not getting locked until I get it up in the air a ways manually some of the time. After update mine was great but here the past week it's been kinda sketchy, which seems odd in between updates.

On the contrary, I think most are.
I know I am. Once or twice it's taken a while to get locked in and ready. But, other than that, it's worked flawlessly and with little or no drift at all. (When I put it someplace I don't think it's moved more than 6 inches regardless of conditions)

On the contrary, I think most are.

Have to agree with Sarah. The GPS is the big issue at this point.

And its not that it won't sit there and hover with GPS properly. Its when it loses GPS and takes a mad jump for a split second or two that's a problem.

I am sure they will get if resolved but GPS is not one of the strong points on the SOLO right now.

Reactions: Sarah B
I get GPS & "ready to fly" inside my home with Solo 2 FT. away from my wifi & 3 mobiles phones? . but it always take w few min. to get "ready to fly".
There was only one place i didn't get locked, was next to a mall,
Still new here, only 5 flights, but i see MANY good reviews about the SOLO . B&H has reviews also.

Everything works as described. Guessing Gimbals will be the same?
Think what you will, but my Solo is good so far.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Happy the GPS is working good for someone. From day one I've been saying that there is an issue with the GPS but this was quickly put to rest by 3dr staff and supporters in other forums. Anyways my solo is now on it's way back for RMA. It does hover good at times and then it would just suddenly take on a mind of its own and go in whatever direction if wants for 10-20' then recover. Thankfully it didn't result in a crash. It is my hope that 3dr will issue some new firmware update that will improve this issue, but I think the path to having this issue resolved is 3drobotics needs to admit that there is either a real GPS issue or some sort of flaw in the design placement of the GPS that's hindering it's performance when compared to other models flying in the same location and conditions. So many people experiencing GPS issues can't all be wrong, more so in different parts of the world.

Still waiting for a GPS glitch here. So far, none. This thing flies like it was advertised to fly as far as I can tell without a gimble. Fortunate that I have been lucky, I guess...

Reactions: TheeRod and Jubalr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea