How to video showing 3.3v to 5v 3dr Solo Pixhawk 2.0 Mod

Reaction score
Stumbled over this today....thought you all might like to see it...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers!

<D>

Reactions: XevetS
Thanks for the link.
Great video, he did a good job in the 30+ minutes, it took me over an hour for the first one I did.
When working with CA glue in close quarters, it helps to use activator ( Locktite Tak Pak accelerator) -->> no waiting for it to set. Put some on the board, and the CA glue on the wire, when the wire touches the board, 2-3 seconds and it is bonded. Clean with Alcohol.
I used solder wick to clean off the lead free solder, but I like his technique a lot. He did not however reflow the top 2 pins on the chip, as he did all the others. Probably ok though. If he does iPhone repairs, he has a definitely clue what he is doing. ;>))

For real!! I would happily pay $30-40 for that mod. Green cube is impossible to find and costs almost as much as I paid for my entire Solo. The stock cube would be fine if it could just run ArduCopter master safely.

Reactions: dmulk
I think I'd pay double that...round $80 as the green cube is about $160 right? That'd be half the price and would probably be a money maker for the guy if he takes 30ish mins plus postage.

I think I'd pay double that...round $80 as the green cube is about $160 right? That'd be half the price and would probably be a money maker for the guy if he takes 30ish mins plus postage.
I might be willing to pay that, I am a broke college kid though so my perception of money is a little different lol

I make good money but still think like a broke college kid. Don't ever lose that!! You'll have more wealth in life if you think that way!

Anyway, I have two Solo's that I'd consider sending the pixhawks from to him. Might reach out to him and see if he would continue to do them for us. I'll report back.

I'm in communication with the guy that does this mod. Anyone insterested in a group mod buy for this if it's a 5-7 day turn around? Considering a green cube and standard 2.1 are both $168 this seems like a viable option.

I lucked out yesterday a snagged a NOS green cube so once I install that in one of my Solo's I'll likely send in my other two stockers to mod so I have backups...

Hi guys, it was my Cube on this video. So far everything looks good. Installed Aducopter 3.5.4 for Solo. First wiped old firmware with Ardupilot, then clean Open Solo, then extracted ArduCopter-v3_3.5.4_Solo.px4 from downloaded to my tablet ArduCopter 3.5.4 Firmware.zip and using Mission planner installed it in my Cube (you have to open Solo again, connect Cube by usb to your PC). Will do test flight today inside garage (weather not to good here in Chicago area). Paid $63 plus my shipping to Jason.
Question to @Pedals2Paddles will it work in Cube 2.0 and did I install it right way?

Last edited:
Great to hear.

I've been chatting with him and I think after the experience he might charge a little more but even at $65-80 each it's a deal considering a new 2.1 is $168ish minimum.

Update:
Update:
did short flight indoor in AltHold, looks like works fine.
Waiting for better weather to check smart shots.

Thank you for reporting back, Andy.

I'll wait for more interest to send my two 2.0's to Jason to mod until I see if there is any interest in a group mod thing. If not I'll just send mine in. He seems like a really cool guy and is one more cog in the efforts to keep the Solo alive. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo