How to assign RC buttons to RCx (PWM output)

VCD

Reaction score
I would like to have RC output to be idle at 1500us , go to 1100us while when camera angle preset button 1 is pressed, and 1800us when the other is pressed.

Is that possible ? - how much freedom is there to control extra features using the Solo remote ?

don´t know what you are going to do, but you can store a camera angle by holding the button pressed

if this is not what you want to do, you can also try a stick calibration to achive what you want.

never looked at the pwm signal itself, what frequency or duty cycle it has

I am trying to control a payload's configuration by what would bahave as a 3-way switch. , using button 1&2 like momentary 3-way switch.

There is no means by which to do that. The firmware on the controller and the Solo's computer doesn't support such customization. And that firmware is 3DR intellectual property that has not been open sourced for modification.

That's a pity, are there any RC controller features that can be mapped to control a servo at all (beside sticks) ?
Also: "are you sure there is no configuration for that by SSH to the radio ?"
I hope 3DR will release source for it soon.

Thanks but I am looking for a way to make the Solo controller to do it, so hands can remain on the controller, - Solex may be a workaround, maybe useful if using voice recognition.

These Guys are using the 3dr Solo for fishing by attaching a servo to drop bait?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Long pressing the pause button will toggle RC7 between high and low. Nothing more, nothing less, nothing else, and no changing it. And now long pressing actually also engages rewinding, defeating begin able to even do that properly.

FYI. a closer look into the companion computer and its python files, solved all problems instantly.
This is a truly versatile RPAS.

/usr/bin/buttonManager.py and made one new for injecting new PWM data , based on one of the *sample*.py files.

Reactions: hackbard23
/usr/bin/buttonManager.py and made one new for injecting new PWM data , based on one of the *sample*.py files.
Which *sample*.py files are you referring to?

not sure right now (travelling) - but there are not that many to choose from :)

OK, i think i've found it: rc_remap_sample.py

Thanks

hello vcd i am trying to use the 3dr solo controller to control a 2 servo diy gimbal for a sony nex, for the roll and pitch i will use the pwm channels 6 and 8 from the solo expansion bay, and for trigger the camera, i will use the channel 7, the problem i have is for trigger the channel 7 via the controller, the 2 second pause bottom is not very useful, the idea is to assing another bottom to one click trigger the camera, how do you modify your controller?

i post some pictures about my build:
View media item 490View media item 489View media item 488View media item 491
thanks¡

Lam

Have a look at some of the tutorials for the Flytron sLED trigger... I'm planning on trying one of these, but you need to remap the parameters for ch7 in the pixhawk (using Mission Planner), but looks like it'll work for both stills and video once configured properly.

hello Dogman1973, i have the nex3n, i can make a cable to trigger the camera, the process is explained in this page: Build a Raspberry Pi-Based Cable Shutter Release for Sony Cameras, the only thing i have to do is convert the pwm signal in a logical 5v or 0v signal (maybe with a attiny85).
the problem i have is with the solo controller, i would like to control, with a single click the camera shutter, the possibility of configure a solo control bottom to trigger the 7 channel, in a manner more agile than the 2 second pause push to "on" an a 1 second push to "off"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo