How fast to fly Tower mission

Reaction score
OK, I want to fly a mapping mission in tower, but would like to know how long it takes for the GoPro to take a picture? 2 seconds, 3 seconds? I don't want to set the Tower mission speed too fast, or too slow....
Thanks

My understanding is when you set up the camera and altitude with overlap, it manages triggerin the camera

Ok.... But if I am flying too fast the solo will trigger the GoPro, but the GoPro won't be ready.

OK, I want to fly a mapping mission in tower, but would like to know how long it takes for the GoPro to take a picture? 2 seconds, 3 seconds? I don't want to set the Tower mission speed too fast, or too slow....
Thanks

Rusty, it takes a fraction of a second for the GoPro to take an actual picture. Drone speed has not been an issue for me flying mapping missions in Tower (at the stock speed settings). I would recommend flying a few test missions first, prior to doing anything important. Oh yea, don't forget to point your gimbal straight down. Tower will automatically snap the pictures but won't adjust the gimbal.

the big issue I have with tower mission is never too slow, that thing flies like a bat out of hell

the big issue I have with tower mission is never too slow, that thing flies like a bat out of hell

Pyrate, yes it does! Often overflying the property boundaries. I'll slow Solo down in congested areas but out in the open I like how fast it can get things done.

For those of you who map with Solo and a GoPro, how do you geotag the pics and stitch them together? Thanks!

Pyrate, yes it does! Often overflying the property boundaries. I'll slow Solo down in congested areas but out in the open I like how fast it can get things done.

I have some final failsafe and MP prarameter tuning to do on my custom X8
An automated mission at speed is going to be my acid test.
If it will do that and not fall to pieces I figure it can handle my video flying

Rusty, it takes a fraction of a second for the GoPro to take an actual picture. Drone speed has not been an issue for me flying mapping missions in Tower (at the stock speed settings). I would recommend flying a few test missions first, prior to doing anything important. Oh yea, don't forget to point your gimbal straight down. Tower will automatically snap the pictures but won't adjust the gimbal.
Won't the gimbal point down if you mark the next waypoint as an area of interest, right next to your existing waypoint?

I have some final failsafe and MP prarameter tuning to do on my custom X8
An automated mission at speed is going to be my acid test.
If it will do that and not fall to pieces I figure it can handle my video flying

Wow, that's an acid test, pretty much ticks all the points. I'd like to know how that turns out and what parameters/settings you finally end up using. :)

working with fail safes tonight
Was not getting battery voltage in MP, got that fixed set low battery RTL for 14 volts may need to set that higher still researching
I am such a noob
Enables loss of transmitter like the video said, but it would not switch to RTL when I turned the radio off. So I still don't have something there set right

It will most likely result in a crash, but it flys nice for now LOL

Won't the gimbal point down if you mark the next waypoint as an area of interest, right next to your existing waypoint?

I haven't tried that. If it does change the gimbal that will probably be bad for my data collection and slow acquisition times to a crawl. I'll have to try it and see what happens to be sure.
Have you tried this? Thanks.

I am such a noob
Enables loss of transmitter like the video said, but it would not switch to RTL when I turned the radio off. So I still don't have something there set right

Don't know if this will help with your issue.

FS_GCS_ENABLE: Ground Station Failsafe Enable
Controls whether failsafe will be invoked (and what action to take) when connection with Ground station is lost for at least 5 seconds. NB. The GCS Failsafe is only active when RC_OVERRIDE is being used to control the vehicle.

Values

Value
Meaning
0 Disabled
1 Enabled always RTL
2 Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode

Was not getting battery voltage in MP, got that fixed set low battery RTL for 14 volts may need to set that higher still researching
I am such a noob

It will most likely result in a crash, but it flys nice for now LOL

Is there a graph available that shows hierarchical command structure for parameter settings?

Oh man the "c" word makes me cringe! LOL. (My fiancé is laughing at me as I type this but she still refuses to fly our Solo... ) go figure. :)

Ok, flew survey mission at 5MPH. Painfully slow, lol..... However it cooked from WP1 to the first survey point. I changed speed just after WP1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela