How does Solo know it's altitude

Reaction score
How does Solo know it's altitude. Is it based on it's current location or from where it took off? This might be a really dumb question, but I am new to this and can't seem to find the answer. I live in an area with many hills and close to some mountains. I do not want to try follow me and have Solo run into the ground as I drive up a hill. I've tried flying it over a three foot berm and it did not adjust as it went over it. If I hovered over the high point it did adjust but took 5 to 10 seconds to do so. So I am guessing it reads the ground somehow.

Where it took off. Sets the baseline there so you need to be careful with elevation changes.

Reactions: prowler9
Solo doesn't know about trees and other obstructions, so you have to fly it around obstructions or over things. Also keep an eye on altitude changes like hills.

Solo can use GPS and a barometer to know about its altitude or changes in its altitude, but it doesn't have detailed on board terrain maps so you still need to be smart about flying it.

Don't read too much into that "smart drone" label on the box!

Thanks guys. The road up to my house rises 50 feet in a fairly short distance. Didn't want solo following me and run it into the ground. Will have to set at a higher altitude to try it out. Appreciate the answers.

I do not want to try follow me and have Solo run into the ground as I drive up a hill. .

Really?! You have it on follow me, as you are driving? interesting idea.
I hope it goes well. Would love to see some video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M