how do you record video with gimbal

Reaction score
After installing the gimbal, I cant see anywhere on the tablet where to change settings and start or stop video. gimbal movement is fine. When the app loads, I can see the record button on the right momentarily then disappears. Anyone else encounter this?

After installing the gimbal, I cant see anywhere on the tablet where to change settings and start or stop video. gimbal movement is fine. When the app loads, I can see the record button on the right momentarily then disappears. Anyone else encounter this?
Yes, same problem here. There are no GoPro controls visible on the app. Perhaps firmware update is the cause. Made a few flights with GoPro in record mode before takeoff, but of course it creates a lot of useless video. Gimbal works nicely.

I'll be contacting support and will post any helpful info they provide.

Reactions: locutus
Just wrote another comment about this here in the General discussion. I have the hero3+ silver and it is not working, even thou I have an e mail from engineering that says it will do at least some partial functions.

I did notice 3DR has in the last 24 hours or so pulled the most recent facebook threads where issues with the Gimbal were mentioned. I bet their e mail box with tickets is full and they are in OH NO mode right now.

Reactions: prowler9
You start and stop recording by pressing in on the gimbal toggle switch on the top left of the controller. Functionality to change go pro settings is coming in the next update. About a month so says 3dr.

Make sure the GoPro is seated nicely into the GoPro port on the back. I had not pressed my GoPro in all the way and ended up having connection issues. Once I figured that out, and after a complete restart of everything, the connection issues went away.

Just wrote another comment about this here in the General discussion. I have the hero3+ silver and it is not working, even thou I have an e mail from engineering that says it will do at least some partial functions.

I did notice 3DR has in the last 24 hours or so pulled the most recent facebook threads where issues with the Gimbal were mentioned. I bet their e mail box with tickets is full and they are in OH NO mode right now.

I read in a different thread that it doesnt work with hero3+ silver. only black.

Make sure the GoPro is seated nicely into the GoPro port on the back. I had not pressed my GoPro in all the way and ended up having connection issues. Once I figured that out, and after a complete restart of everything, the connection issues went away.

Hello, I have same problem, gimble functions well and I can see live feed from gopro but the record button is grey and small icon of gopro just above record button has a line through it moments after it first appears. Any suggestions. Hero 3 black.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela