How do I charge Solo battery with imax B6AC v2

Reaction score
How can I charge my Solo battery with this charger? It wants a ballancer connector and Solo's battery doesn't have one to give it. I turned off the ballancer connection in the system settings menu but it didn't help.
Can I use the settings for a different battery type?

fa49bd69678653eec227cb34e94bc322.jpg

fe7db653cf1cde5954210f9405720e7e.jpg

I have wondered this myself while making a stand alone charger that runs from a 12v car battery source. (I made one using a buck converter but it didn't charge as fast as the factory charger and was buggy in the current adjustment so I just used a 12V to 110v step up inverter and used the factory charger. That sufficed for my charging in the field.)

This video may shed some light on your inquiry:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I believe the charger you pictured should allow you to put out an adjusted voltage and adjusted current only.
As shown in the video as long as you have a constant voltage and current limit set (a setting that doesn't use the balance triggering or connection break) it should charge.
I am thinking that a nicad mode or a lead acid mode should work. Apparently, the settings should be 15.5 - 16.8 volts at <5.9 amps.

Here is another video that will give you some more knowledge:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Let us know what you found. And as always MONITOR that battery for heat.

Last edited:
Reactions: drift and Redcon1
Sorry for the delayed response.
I'll give that a try when I get back home today and let you know how it works out for me.

Thanks.

How can I charge my Solo battery with this charger? It wants a ballancer connector and Solo's battery doesn't have one to give it. I turned off the ballancer connection in the system settings menu but it didn't help.
Can I use the settings for a different battery type?

fa49bd69678653eec227cb34e94bc322.jpg

fe7db653cf1cde5954210f9405720e7e.jpg
I have just the same charger as yours. I bought the Madhacker.org Solo battery tool (it is a diagnostic tool for Solo's battery) and I soldered a XT60 connector to
It. So I use the Pb 8S 3.3A charging function on the IMAX B6AC v2. It is the only one mode that works. You should push and hold Solo battery button to power on Solo's battery before charging.
Hope this helps.

I have just the same charger as yours. I bought the Madhacker.org Solo battery tool (it is a diagnostic tool for Solo's battery) and I soldered a XT60 connector to
It. So I use the Pb 8S 3.3A charging function on the IMAX B6AC v2. It is the only one mode that works. You should push and hold Solo battery button to power on Solo's battery before charging.
Hope this helps.
Doesn't the 8s setting put out too much voltage?
Also, thanks for the madhacker website. This man will be a great resource for other projects I have in mind!

Hope this helps.

I'll look into that. Thanks for the help.

I set it to Lipo charge 4S at 3A (the same rates as the stock charger) and it works

Attachments

• 15308147822742056110214.jpg
    15308147822742056110214.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 43

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo