Hey ya'll from Salisbury, NC

Reaction score
I'm a brand new 3DR Solo owner. I picked up a Best Buy refurb for $179.00. So far this thing seems like a great bargain. I have only had one test flight and am very impressed. I have a few questions I am hoping someone can either answer or point me to the right thread with answers:

1. Is it possible to determine which rev of GPS I have?
  2. I do not have a gimbal yet. When I hit record on the app on my iPhone, my GoPro Hero 4 Silver does not record to the SD card and the video that is saved to the camera roll on the phone is crap. Is there a way to start and stop recording on my GoPro from the app without the gimbal?
  3. Can I plot a flight path on my Mac and upload it to the drone so that it will just fly a route, recording video, and return home?
  4. Is there anything I should do out of the box or buy to improve my experience with my new drone?
Thanks guys. I am looking forward to learning from you all.

Reactions: CumulusImaging
1. Yes, pop the little black cover off that is just fore of the battery.

2. No. App control requires a gimbal at present

3. Yes, please search these forums. Many threads about this.

4. Again, please search the forums. If I recall, there were two separate threads in the last month regarding just this topic.

Welcome. Enjoy the bargain.;)

Reactions: Shieldzee
1: Yes. Simply pop off the GPS cover (The thing in front of the battery) with a Flathead screwdriver. If it is a green circut board, it is Rev a. Black is Rev b.
2: Not really sure.
3: I have never looked into it on a Mac, but on Android there is a free app called tower that can do things like that.
4: See this thread. https://3drpilots.com/index.php?threads/10027/

Reactions: Shieldzee
1. Yes, pop the little black cover off that is just fore of the battery.

2. No. App control requires a gimbal at present

3. Yes, please search these forums. Many threads about this.

4. Again, please search the forums. If I recall, there were two separate threads in the last month regarding just this topic.

Welcome. Enjoy the bargain.;)

Thanks @just_bruce!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottk377