Help with Donated X8+

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am an officer with a local Volunteer Fire Department, and a local Surveying company recently donated their used 3DR X8+ to us for our Urban Search and Rescue team.

We are very excited to have the drone, but are very open with the fact that we have no idea how to set it up.

I don't quite know where to start with my questions, so I was curious if there are any X8+ owners in the Houston, TX area that might be able to meet up with me and help me understand a bit more about the drone that we have, how to control it, and any features we might have completely missed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I am in Dallas so too far away, hopefully someone down Dallas way can help
did you get the manual, I might still have one somewhere

Thank you so much! I'll start reading through this and see what I can get figured out. Honestly, if I can't get it figured out via the manual, I may be willing to make a quick trip up to dallas to get some help....if we can't get it working, the only option would be to trade it in for a simpler model, but I would like to avoid that if possible!

Hello Everyone,

I am an officer with a local Volunteer Fire Department, and a local Surveying company recently donated their used 3DR X8+ to us for our Urban Search and Rescue team.

We are very excited to have the drone, but are very open with the fact that we have no idea how to set it up.

I don't quite know where to start with my questions, so I was curious if there are any X8+ owners in the Houston, TX area that might be able to meet up with me and help me understand a bit more about the drone that we have, how to control it, and any features we might have completely missed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

I’m in California but I also have a vintage 3DR X8, Y6, and quad I’ve built before Solo came out. I assume it came with the Spectrum Dx7 transmitter and Tarot GoPro gimbal as well. If you need any help reach out to me. The manual is a good place to start. Then bring on your questions.

Thanks,
Roy

I’m in California but I also have a vintage 3DR X8, Y6, and quad I’ve built before Solo came out. I assume it came with the Spectrum Dx7 transmitter and Tarot GoPro gimbal as well. If you need any help reach out to me. The manual is a good place to start. Then bring on your questions.

Thanks,
Roy

Roy, It has a FS-TH9X controller. I've been able to get it to fly, but I cannot get he Gimbal to tilt or receive the GoPro video properly (it looks like it's splitting the video feed or something...) I could use a little help with those pieces.

Were you able to connect your x8 with mission planner ?

Yes! I have everything set...EXCEPT for the tarot gimbal and video feed.

The gimbal will activate and level itself, but I can’t determine how to set it up to control tilt on the controller. I have the output plugged into RC9, but the only option I have to select in mission planner is “SERVO9”.

On the video feed - I can receive a signal on my screen, but the video rolls and is garbled. I’m not sure how to adjust or fix that.

Yes! I have everything set...EXCEPT for the tarot gimbal and video feed.

The gimbal will activate and level itself, but I can’t determine how to set it up to control tilt on the controller. I have the output plugged into RC9, but the only option I have to select in mission planner is “SERVO9”.

On the video feed - I can receive a signal on my screen, but the video rolls and is garbled. I’m not sure how to adjust or fix that.[/QUOT]
the left knob is for the tilt and the right is for the roll. Use the Mission planner to ensure the signal gets to the FC. If signal is OK, then try the tarrot gimbal software to check/setup the gimbal. here is an YT video for the gimbal setup.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. As for your video rolling issue, you may try changing to different channel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea