Help! Which GoPro camera is compatible?

Reaction score
i recently bought the 3DR drone. I now need to buy a compatible GoPro camera Hero 4? Black or Silver? There are conflicting messages. Can someone help?

So what camera do you have?

im new with 3drsolo i have a GP3+BLACK im having problems getting a live view, but the SOLO is compatible full camera control with the app with the GP 3+black 4silver and 4black ... you can use the gp+ silver but only on live feed.... that what i know...

im looking for someone that can help me with the black seen on my live feed.

Hero 3+ Black will work...what is your question

I recommend the Hero 4 Black. I have two and both work perfectly. B&H has them for $330.

If you go to gopro.com/refurbished you can get the camera with the same warranty directly from gopro for less than 300

Thanks - can you tell me which model fits the drone please.

Any Hero 3 or Hero 4 will *fit*, and will return live video feed to your mobile device, HOWEVER only the 3+ Black (notice the "+"), 4 Silver, and 4 Black will allow you to control their operations remotely from the Solo app. See the GoPro website for the functionality differences between those three models.

Any Hero 3 or Hero 4 will *fit*, and will return live video feed to your mobile device, HOWEVER only the 3+ Black (notice the "+"), 4 Silver, and 4 Black will allow you to control their operations remotely from the Solo app. See the GoPro website for the functionality differences between those three models.
Great! Thank you so much for your help.

Hi again, I have one more question. Does the same gimbal work with all the cameras?

Thanks

Same gimbal for all cameras....there is only one gimbal

So here's the thing, the gimbal will work with the models pointed out already. Also it's in the manual...

Here's the the exact website for the camera. I still highly recommend the Hero 4 Black. For the $30-40 difference it didn't make sense not to get the best camera to me.

GoPro HERO 4 Black CHDHX-401 HERO4 at B&H Photo

So what camera do you have?

im new with 3drsolo i have a GP3+BLACK im having problems getting a live view, but the SOLO is compatible full camera control with the app with the GP 3+black 4silver and 4black ... you can use the gp+ silver but only on live feed.... that what i know...

im looking for someone that can help me with the black seen on my live feed.
Have you tried taking the battery out of your 3+Black, then reinstalling it after about a minute? Also, make sure your camera model is checked in the camera selection part of the Solo app. I hope this helps....Good luck.

So does the hero4+ black offer full compatability with the solo drone?

Thanks

So does the hero4+ black offer full compatability with the solo drone?

Thanks
Yes it does, I got mine last week (after the used GP3+Black that I got didn't work). You'll like having FULL control of the GP.

As an aside, make sure that you get a good SD card because I found out that a crappy card will make you lose functionality of the GP.

Yes it does, I got mine last week (after the used GP3+Black that I got didn't work). You'll like having FULL control of the GP.

As an aside, make sure that you get a good SD card because I found out that a crappy card will make you lose functionality of the GP.

I meant the go 4 silver and not the +, sorry. Does anyone know if that model will fully work with all features?

I meant the go 4 silver and not the +, sorry. Does anyone know if that model will fully work with all features?

Yes, the GoPro Hero 4 Black and Silver are compatible. That being said, if you are using firmware newer than 3.0 you will need to turn it on manually before flight. I find it works best to turn on camera, Solo, controller and then app in that order.

I recommend the Hero 4 Black. I have two and both work perfectly. B&H has them for $330.

Hi Lon,

You do mean the Hero 4 Black 4k camera right? I just want to make sure I don't get a camera that doesn't work (again) lol

Thanks,

Patrick

Hi Lon,

You do mean the Hero 4 Black 4k camera right? I just want to make sure I don't get a camera that doesn't work (again) lol

Thanks,

Patrick
Yea I even posted the link to buy it. The Go Pro Hero 4 Black is by far the best camera for the Solo in my honest opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc