Help: Solo Twitching

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Solo that twitches during flight. I have tried fixing this problem by doing a factory reset (in case it's a firmware problem). A firmware reset didn't fix the issue so I then swapped the 3-axis gimbal for the standard one to see if that was the problem. The twitching has persisted and is most most noticeable in lateral and forward motions. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

Best,

-Javier

Try the belly smack and re-calibrate level. I hadn't flown Solo for a while and when I did liftoff it was twitchy just hovering. Landing it was horrible...skipped and flipped over. Smacked and did level cal. Performs normally now. My new habit on liftoff is to ascend slightly for safety then test controls for normal operation before flying.

Try the belly smack and re-calibrate level. I hadn't flown Solo for a while and when I did liftoff it was twitchy just hovering. Landing it was horrible...skipped and flipped over. Smacked and did level cal. Performs normally now. My new habit on liftoff is to ascend slightly for safety then test controls for normal operation before flying.

Will do!

I did only after installing a new Pixhawk board (i.e. Pixhawk Green Cube).
I've done the Open Solo upgrade, bought the Green Cube. I haven't installed the GC. You have any first impressions after flying the cube?

I've done the Open Solo upgrade, bought the Green Cube. I haven't installed the GC. You have any first impressions after flying the cube?
I wanted to takeoff from a boat and this was something I was not able to do using the built-in pihawk. I can now fly from a boat using the GC. However, I am still in process of exploring additional features. The return to me feature, for example, never work for me. I'd like to test this feature with GC soon.

Have you looked at ardupilot.org/copter? There's a section on Solo and it's parameters. I saw a Super Simple mode. My impression from watching other drones set with this parameter is that it gives you headless mode type control. I'm assuming the flight experience is well improved?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40