Help please..!

Reaction score
if you can help at all,

My solo can operate the gopro through the gimbal, i can't turn it on with the solo app, but i can make it record. but no feed.

i have tried all the things i can find on here, but to no avail.
I removed the gimbal and attached the gopro to the hdmi cable directly and i get feed.

this is a brand new gimbal, i have never had feed from it.
could it be a possible faulty one? or is there some thing i am missing.

also when i use the solo app on my android it crashes. (the app)
if i use the solo with solex i get the control of the gimbal as the iOS app but still no feed with he gimbal attached.
i have not tried the solex app with the solo and no gimbal.

any ideas anyone.

thank you in advance.

oops forgot to say, latest software on the solo and the gopro
-Steve

Which GoPro do you have? Did you connect the two cables appropriately to the gibmal, the gimbal control cable and the HDMI cable? Just trying to eliminate the easy and obvious things. Also, try rebooting your phone. Hard closing the app may do it, but just to cover all bases, shut off the phone and restart it. Also, make sure the wi-fi on the camera is off and to help the phone out, make sure all other applications are closed when you are running the Solo app.

sorry, latest versions of software ow
Which GoPro do you have? Did you connect the two cables appropriately to the gibmal, the gimbal control cable and the HDMI cable? Just trying to eliminate the easy and obvious things. Also, try rebooting your phone. Hard closing the app may do it, but just to cover all bases, shut off the phone and restart it. Also, make sure the wi-fi on the camera is off and to help the phone out, make sure all other applications are closed when you are running the Solo app.

Hero 4 black.
I have tried with 3.0, 4.0 and latest 5.0 versions of software on the GoPro.

I have tried everything.
Full hard reset of the solo and controller. Then start from scratch and initial update.
Delete and reinstall of the iOS app.
(Incidentally, I can't use the android solo app, it just crashes, but that's another story)
All cables removed and tried possibly 10 times.
All cables are fully home.
If I remove the gimbal and plug the GoPro directly into the on board hdmi cable I instantly get feed.
I'm gutted.
Contacted the supplier and have been told I have to return the full setup as I purchased as a full kit.

I just don't know what to do as I love the drone but without live feed from the gimbal it's useless.

As a foot note.
I can fully control the gimbal and the GoPro but zero live feed.

I would love to try another gimbal but they want me send it all back and if it's faulty they will refund my whole purchase price.

So if I can't sort it it's looking like a DJI phantom.

Really wanted this solo.

I just love the way it looks and performs.

So if anyone has any further ideas please pass them onto me.

(Gutted and losing patience)

-Steve

Do you have a different phone or tablet you can try? The one time I had live video feed issues I just had to reboot my phone and it all worked fine again. BUT since you can get a live feed when connected to the HDMI cable on the Solo, it does seem to be something to do with the gimbal.

I do know the version of the software in the GoPro 4 can make a difference on some functions, but I have a 3+ Black so have no personal experience in that arena.

Do you have a different phone or tablet you can try? The one time I had live video feed issues I just had to reboot my phone and it all worked fine again. BUT since you can get a live feed when connected to the HDMI cable on the Solo, it does seem to be something to do with the gimbal.

I do know the version of the software in the GoPro 4 can make a difference on some functions, but I have a 3+ Black so have no personal experience in that arena.

I have solex and I use that on my android, obviously lol.
It's the same with that.

Well I just bit the bullet and ordered another gimbal.
I just love this drone and I'm not prepared to lose it for the price of a new gimbal.
I got a very very good deal on it in the first place.
If the new gimbal works I'll open a ticket with 3dr for the defective one or talk the supplier into replacing or giving me a voucher.

So I'm still here and really don't want to defect lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you make sure your model camera was checked from the list of cameras on the app? A long shot, but it has happened. Good luck.

Did you make sure your model camera was checked from the list of cameras on the app? A long shot, but it has happened. Good luck.

Hi Chuck,

Yeah I tried that.
I also tried all variations of camera settings.
Oh well, new gimbal due tomorrow so I'll try that and see. If that works were a winner.
I'll get the other retuned.

Hi Chuck,

Yeah I tried that.
I also tried all variations of camera settings.
Oh well, new gimbal due tomorrow so I'll try that and see. If that works were a winner.
I'll get the other retuned.
I mean returned
(Spellcheck lol)

**Updae**

Put the new gimbal on and we're all working.

"One happy guy "

Wunder what is wrong with the original gimble? "Inquiring minds want to know" Ha! dissect that puppy!

Wunder what is wrong with the original gimble? "Inquiring minds want to know" Ha! dissect that puppy!

I've already had the dhl returns notification it get picked up for exchange in the morning
Reeesulllltttt

A new gimbal on the way to me.

One for the bottom draw I think. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo