Help Please. ASAP

Reaction score
I have the 3dr and the gimbal with a GoPro hero 4 black. When I start everything up the GoPros camera feed goes to my iPhone but as soon as I start the video the screen goes black. I need help as soon as possible because im filming and making a video for my cousins wedding in a week.

Welcome! What iOS version do you have? I think the problem you’re having showed up with iOS 11.

There are several threads here addressing that but I think the fix is to restart the 3DR app when that happens. Hopefully somebody who knows will chime in soon.

Welcome! What iOS version do you have? I think the problem you’re having showed up with iOS 11.

There are several threads here addressing that but I think the fix is to restart the 3DR app when that happens. Hopefully somebody who knows will chime in soon.

Im running iOS 11.4.1 on an iPhone 8 plus, I've tried restarting the app but is dose the same thing.

Last edited:
What resolution are you recording in with the Hero 4? Anything above 1080 and my live feed doesn't work sometimes

Try lowering the res to 1080 30fps. If that doesn't work go with android

Hey Folks, I hadn't used my drones for a while and suddenly needed them last week. Took drone #1 out, opened Solex and couldn't get a camera feed to save my life. At one point I got a camera feed but there were no options to start recording or to select any options (such as frame rate, size, etc... plus the camera seemed to be stuck in photo mode..). Got out drone #2.... compass error (damn you to heck leg!!!). Got out drone #3... again... camera problems....

So this past weekend I looked at the issue again and found out that the latest android update had adjusted the screen resolution on my phone. In "balanced" mode I usually have it at Full HD (1920 * 1080), however this had been changed to 2560 * 1440. Upon switching it back to Full HD, I got full camera feed and control in Solex. Even dropping it down to 1280 x 720 I still had full camera feed and control. However anything higher than 1920 x 1080, no camera feed. Now Solex DOES have a warning that pops up about this, but I had flow before and it didn't affect anything, so not sure if something else changed besides the resolution.

I checked this out on my other drones also and was able to repeat the failure mode. So, camera feed issues? May want to check the display settings on your phone.

Just sayin...

Hey Folks, I hadn't used my drones for a while and suddenly needed them last week. Took drone #1 out, opened Solex and couldn't get a camera feed to save my life. At one point I got a camera feed but there were no options to start recording or to select any options (such as frame rate, size, etc... plus the camera seemed to be stuck in photo mode..). Got out drone #2.... compass error (damn you to heck leg!!!). Got out drone #3... again... camera problems....

So this past weekend I looked at the issue again and found out that the latest android update had adjusted the screen resolution on my phone. In "balanced" mode I usually have it at Full HD (1920 * 1080), however this had been changed to 2560 * 1440. Upon switching it back to Full HD, I got full camera feed and control in Solex. Even dropping it down to 1280 x 720 I still had full camera feed and control. However anything higher than 1920 x 1080, no camera feed. Now Solex DOES have a warning that pops up about this, but I had flow before and it didn't affect anything, so not sure if something else changed besides the resolution.

I checked this out on my other drones also and was able to repeat the failure mode. So, camera feed issues? May want to check the display settings on your phone.

Just sayin...
That’s why I keep my Nexus 7 on 5.0.2.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela