Hello From Cliff in Tampa Florida

Reaction score
Recently Purchased the 3DR Solo Bundle from Amazon for 599. Was on the fence to which platform to invest in but i'm very happy that I have went this route. I have experience great stability thus far with this platform and am amazed at how easy it can be used out the box. One thing that I have noticed with this drone is the amount of patches/ upgrades that have come out. I'm happy so far with the amount of through put 3DR has put into remedying the platform of nuances that could pose operability issues. I'm not sure if I just came on board at a very critical point in the 3DR platform to see all of the tweaks but I hope they continue to refine the platform. I also see that there can be 3rd party developers that develop software to expand the capabilities (through software) of the SOLO.....this is very cool. Hopefully if 3DR goes to a more enterprise solution, there will be a community feed that will support growth of the platform. Again Can't wait to see what is to come.

Hi neighbor, and welcome. I'm down the road in Ft. Myers area, but @Perry Lawrence is really in your hood. Seem to be a lot of Florida-flyers on the board.

Hello and welcome. I'm down the road in Sarasota area. I flew my Solo tethered yesterday and didn't even need any batteries... of course there was little control and the pictures that it took looked like crap ! ;)

Reactions: SARDG
I'm up the road in Lakeland.

Hello and welcome. I'm down the road in Sarasota area. I flew my Solo tethered yesterday and didn't even need any batteries... of course there was little control and the pictures that it took looked like crap ! ;)
Steve, were you using the Hoverfly system or something you rigged up?

Thanks all for the warm welcome, feeling pretty stoked wit everything so far. I made a mistake yesterday and uploaded the new firmware on my GP4 (4.0). Once this weather clears up I'll see what's what and be sure scan traffic on the forums for pointers.

It was a joke - guess you didn't see the near miss we had with Hurricane Hermine the last coupla' days...
Living in it right now. Almost got struck by lightining loading my daughter in the van this morning. I swear the bolt was no more than 150' away.

It was a joke - guess you didn't see the near miss we had with Hurricane Hermine the last coupla' days...
Yeah we were sweating it a little bit down here in Tampa Bay Area.....some flooding but me personally were fortunate.

Thanks all for the warm welcome, feeling pretty stoked wit everything so far. I made a mistake yesterday and uploaded the new firmware on my GP4 (4.0). Once this weather clears up I'll see what's what and be sure scan traffic on the forums for pointers.
You can reference this post for instructions on how to downgrade your GoPro if your interested.
GoPro HERO4 Black/Silver update v4.0

Reactions: CLR1
You folks be safe over there
Katrina Survivior here wishing all of you the best
Katrina responder here. 15 hour days for a month in 8th CG District HQ - which moved to St. Louis because they were flooded out in New Orleans.

The storm has passed, but we still have lingering surge down the west coast. And it's still raining. WIlma was the last hurricane to hit Florida - 2005, the same year as Katrina.

Reactions: CLR1 and pyrate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421