Hello from California

Reaction score
Hi, I am from california, and love overlanding and camping. Had a Syma drone (really cheap) for practice, and now thinking of a bigger better model.
So joined these forums, as 3DR solo at 299$ on b&h seems like a great first drone.

Hope to learn from everyone here and get some tips and trips. Won't be using a gopro, but a Xiaomi 4k cam. I know no controls, but I don't mind starting the camera pre flight :)

And the dimensions are very similar to Hero, so it should fit the gimbal!

As for flying, I plan to do most of the flying in less populated desert areas and open areas with no population. Will do the FAA course just for learning purpose (Even though licensing requirement has been shut down for now)

Welcome to the forum! Not sure if your camera will fit the gimbal so you might check that.

Here's a photo if that helps:
image.jpeg

The licensing requirements haven't gone away if you'll be using your SOLO in furtherance of a commercial interest.

The *registration* requirement for *hobby* flying has gone away. For now. Until some senator's dog is frightened by a toy....

Reactions: Maddog
The licensing requirements haven't gone away if you'll be using your SOLO in furtherance of a commercial interest.

The *registration* requirement for *hobby* flying has gone away. For now. Until some senator's dog is frightened by a toy....
Sounds like you're way ahead of me!
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the 3DRPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in 3DR quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!
*MANUAL: https://3dr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/v8_01_05_16.pdf

Thanks everyone. Have been trawling the forums. And yes I agree safety is first thing I should be taking care off. Do not want to be the moron who spoils it for everyone. always fly far away from civilization. Luckily enough empty spaces here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea