HDMI connection and processing of video stream

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether a live HDMI video stream by another actioncam such as the latest Garmin, Sony, Nikon would be picked up by the 3dr onboard computer?

Imagine I connect one of these actioncams (so I don't want to connect a GoPro) - these cameras all claim to have live HDMI video out - to the Solo Gimbal HDMI connection - would I'll be able to see the live stream on my controller?

I know that most/all of these cameras will not fit into the gimbal due to weight and size issues, however with this question I am interested to understand whether the Solo video pipe would identify the stream of 3rd party cameras and process it onboard and then send it to the controller?

I imagine it could work somehow. Related to the question above: I have seen various Mods with Sony and Kodak 360 cameras - do these connect to the standard 3dr solo live video pipe via HDMI on the drone? Or do these Mods only record videos and images on their SD card and then a user copies the files to their laptops after the drone touches down?
Thanks for your insights.

The Solo does not try and ID the source of the stream. There have been several posts of users using other cameras with HDMI out on the Solo.

Reactions: SARDG and hblanken
The Solo does not try and ID the source of the stream. There have been several posts of users using other cameras with HDMI out on the Solo.
Could you point to some of these posts with "users using other cameras with HDM out on the Solo" I would appreciate it, thanks.

Reactions: oscarelco
Could you point to some of these posts with "users using other cameras with HDM out on the Solo" I would appreciate it, thanks.
I have used both a Panasonic GH4 and a Sony a6300 video out on Solo. In earlier threads here and on FB, there have been posts since Solo's release of people trying different cameras that also worked as far as just the video out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421