HDMI Cable

Reaction score
Hi everyone - i know nothing about electronics, so this might be a real dumb question. When i pulled the out HDMI connection out from the camera, i came out looking like this (see picture). What did i do, and how can it be fixed?

Pat

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 187
  • FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    FullSizeRender[1].jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 170
Hard to tell from the photo but it might be the camera's HDMI receptacle. What camera?

I had a GoPro3+ silver where the HDMI socket came loose inside the camera. Probably too much stress from the stiff cable.

Can you pull the piece out of cable? Looks like the connector from your GoPro is broke off and stuck in there as mentioned above.

One thing to consider is if you are planning on a gimbal you wont need it. If this is a dedicated Solo camera it is going to work off back hero port. If you need the HDMI for something else then you will have to send it back.

Reactions: Bigstubs1
I had a similar issue with a defective HDMI connector where the inside of the connector had some issues. 3DR does not have replacement HDMI harnesses (currently) so they are replacing my bird.

Micro hdmi connector、mini hdmi connector
Micro HDMI Connector Male to Mini Hdmi- ALLTOP Technology Co.,LTD
ALLTOP HDMI connector to micro and small HDMI:Cloud Connector, micro hdmi, medical, automotive, mini hdmi, Waterproof, laptop.

Last edited:
Same issue. Broke off gopro connector trying to hook up solo
Took solo back. Thought it was all me
Then noticed a slight crimp in solo connector. Camera still works just a hole where hdmi connector used to be. Are you guys sure we don't need it. Don't want throw down another $400 bucks. Not my best day. On the bright side I bought a 64 ounce insulated growler to ease the pain.

Wow I am going to really be carefull with mine. I just got the 4 black.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Same issue. Broke off gopro connector trying to hook up solo
Took solo back. Thought it was all me
Then noticed a slight crimp in solo connector. Camera still works just a hole where hdmi connector used to be. Are you guys sure we don't need it. Don't want throw down another $400 bucks. Not my best day. On the bright side I bought a 64 ounce insulated growler to ease the pain.
You should be OK. The bus connector on the GoPro will provide video, data and power through the one port. And you will notice in the pictures with the Gimbal, there is no cables from the sides.

Reactions: Bigstubs1
I broke the HDMI connector off of my GoPro 3 also. Not sure if I was over zealous trying to get the video to work or if it happened when the mount came loose during a landing. At any rate GoPro HDMI out is gone.

You should be OK. The bus connector on the GoPro will provide video, data and power through the one port. And you will notice in the pictures with the Gimbal, there is no cables from the sides.
Thanks for the info
I was already looking at the 4k
I would advise anyone to inspect
The solo hdmi connector before trying to mate with gopro.
I will do that wth the next unit before I leave the store.

I had then same problem with the Mini HDMI on my new Solo. After 2 days of tech support on the phone and having to take the solo apart to see if the cable was plugged into the board... I noticed under a powerful magnifying glass that the mini hdmi cable on the solo was buggered up!.. Very disappointed in Solo... the cable should be much better quality and not so stiff so it will not tear up camera's ports!!! Plus customer service tech call center is WAY TOO LOUD!!! the tech spent most of the time saying..." What, I can't hear you", or I didn't understand you... and I said its because all the other loud people talking on both sides of you..... That's all I could here too, is other people talking

Your Go Pro hdmi port broke off inside ??? If it is hero 4 call go pro and they will replace it ....if it is a hero3+ they will not replace it...and you will not be able to fix it ...I called Go pro and asked support for help and I was S>O>L so I ask for part # and they did not even know so a little research I found a replacement ....NOW COMES the best part its a MICRO HDMI do you know how small the pins are and there is 19 pins in a area of less than 1/4 of a inch ...to fix this you need to have a digital microscope and be a very good solder Plus It ripped 4 pads off board so to replace those about the thickness off a hypo needle ......BUT I DID IT ...I will post pictures soon

Can you pull the piece out of cable? Looks like the connector from your GoPro is broke off and stuck in there as mentioned above.

One thing to consider is if you are planning on a gimbal you wont need it. If this is a dedicated Solo camera it is going to work off back hero port. If you need the HDMI for something else then you will have to send it back.
That is nice to know, I just buggered up my hdmi on solo. This is also why we cant start and stop recording and control the go pro yet. All of that functionality will be coming with the gimbal. You turned the light on. Thanks

That is nice to know, I just buggered up my hdmi on solo. This is also why we cant start and stop recording and control the go pro yet. All of that functionality will be coming with the gimbal. You turned the light on. Thanks
You can get a new cable for Solo --- just call 3dr and ask for new cable for your solo -explain what happened--you might have to send in your solo or the tech guy might send you one and when you get it he will call you and walk you through ---MAYBE

also I posted pictures on whats inside SOLO in Picture section check them out

Hey guys - I believe this happened from accidentally attempting to plug the hdmi connector into the USB port (which looks very similar) on the gopro. Unfortunately I too made this mistake and have a marred up hdmi connector and broken pins on the USB port on my gopro. The end of my cable looked exactly like the OP's pictures - that bit of plastic sticking out is from the USB port in the gopro which broke off. I'm hoping that the gimbal will use the hero port and I will be able to live without the USB port functionality on the gopro. Chalking this one up to an expensive lesson learned...

Ok go pro silver4 would not work on samsung tab 4 or iphone 6+ tried viewing on TV no good called go pro and they said send it back and they will replace it! great customer support. Question did the HDMI cable on the solo bugger the go pro? Should I contact 3dr and replace the cable or take a chance and plug in the new go pro? Lotta luck getting 3dr replacement parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela