Has Anyone Tried Using Cheap GoPro Knockoffs?

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has tried flying with something like this.

Amazon.com : WIMIUS Q4 4K Action Camera WIFI Dual Screen Waterproof Sports Camera 16MP 170° Wide Angle Waterproof Case, 2PCS Batteries And 20 Extra Kits Included (Silver) : Camera & Photo

I would think that the video quality isn't as good as a real one, and there isn't the connector on the back of the unit to go into the gimbal. It does have an HDMI port in the right location. For just flying around to view on the phone screen back at the controller, I wonder if it's worth the savings.

no one ever thought of trying that ever
Just poking at you man
Search is your friend, tons of people have tried and it works at some level, depends on what you are willing to be happy with
Bottom line, to experience solo the way it was meant to work, get a gopro hero 4 black and be happy, they are down to 200-325 depending on where you buy them

Sometimes I do waste more time trying to save a buck, and then end up buying the right thing later.

I did try searching for the word "clone" here, but only saw items relating to batteries and the entire Solo unit.
I then read through the titles of all 13 pages here in the GoPro section, but nothing popped out at me.
For some reason, I missed searching for the word "knockoff". I now see some topics in the general discussion thread.
I've been casually looking to see if there were any bargains on the 4 black. It seems people in the Hartford area on Craigslist still want much more than the eBay manufacturer refurb prices. Every now and then one goes for a good bargain on eBay. I should probably spend some of my time there.

Thanks

Last edited:
It seems people in the Hartford area on Craigslist still want much more than the eBay manufacturer refurb prices. Every now and then one goes for a good bargain on eBay. I should probably spend some of my time there.

eBay is your friend. I bought my 4 Black brand new last fall for about $250. Picked up a used 3+ Black last month for $127. Works great. It's a matter of patience and looking. And reading the item description carefully!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000