Hard Crash and Camera Issues

Reaction score
Well, it finally happened - got distracted and flew the Solo into the ground. A couple of broken props and a bit of soft mud and it appears no worse for wear. I cleaned it up, installed new props and and flew later this afternoon. Here's the issue: I can't get the camera to work again. Camera checks out ok. App shows it appears to be recording (it is), but there is no picture on the screen of my iPad. Verified the issue with another Hero 4 and the same thing happens. Any thoughts would be helpful and appreciated.
Thanks,Scott

do you have the green led on the gopro? there is something wrong with your hdmi connection. check that it is set in correctly.

Green light on the GoPro, While attached to the gimble of the Solo, the camera comes on, show as connected on the App and allows me to change settings on the camera through the App. The camera will record, etc. Just can't get a picture on the App.

Green light on the GoPro, While attached to the gimble of the Solo, the camera comes on, show as connected on the App and allows me to change settings on the camera through the App. The camera will record, etc. Just can't get a picture on the App.
One of the two leads maybe disconnected down below. You may have to loosen those three screws and take it off and check it.

I had a hard crash once and do it popped the hdmi clips from the gimbal circuit board "where the cable connects to the board"... had to purchase new gimbal . at least you didn't sink yours "I did.....lost gopro from impact" found dead drone in water still waiting to hear from 3dr

Yeah check that micro HDMI cable where it plugs into the bottom of the gimbal electronics. The other cable is what controls the gimbal I would think.

Geez, so sorry. Thanks for the heads-up about the HDMI clip. I will pull the gimble and have a look. Thanks again for your insight. Have a great night.
Scott

yes,the hdmi (side cable) is what gives you the fpv on your ipad. i bet you it is loose or there might be problem with your hdmi connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40