Green screen on phone when streaming from gimbal

Reaction score
I'm having a green tint to my gimal when flying but when I go home the footage is perfect, any one know what's causing this?

Don't paint your gimbal green.

I take it what you meant to say was "I have a green tint to my live streamed footage when flying, but when I pull the footage from my gopro afterwards the color us just fine".

In which case try a few things.

Is there a green tint to any other footage on your device when streaming? Youtube, video's recorded via the built in camera?

If you remove the Gimbal and connect your camera directly to the HDMI cable, do you still get the green tint?

I think when you answer the above you may get a solid answer regarding whether it's your video device, or if you have a bad gimbal connection or HDMI cable.

I've come to find out that it is the Gimbal and it's probably going to be that connection piece on the gimbal that goes to the GoPro but I'm having zero luck finding the replacement part the HDMI that goes from the camera to the Drone when the regular bracket is on video and streaming is perfect so it is a gimbal issue

Anyone know where I can find that part or should I just use the gimbal as a Ash tray?

Anyone know where I can find that part or should I just use the gimbal as a Ash tray?
Not sure myself, I've seen plenty of HDMI connectors for sale on websites, but not sure if they would be suitable or not. There's also people on here who repair gimbals, you could ask one of them how much they charge? I've got one gimbal with a bad HDMI connector myself, just needs to be soldered back to the board, but I don't have the finesse for such a job, and so it sits on the shelf as a spare.

I uninstalled mine and I looked and it seems to be fine nothing broken or anything that's what makes me think that it's the connector

I'd create a new thread and ask who's willing to repair your gimbal and what will they charge. Give a complete description of the issues, the more they know, the more likely they'll be able to say if they can repair your gimbal or not.

I know I had bad reception but found that I had a bad hdmi cable between the gimble and the quad...good luck!

I uninstalled mine and I looked and it seems to be fine nothing broken or anything that's what makes me think that it's the connector
Hi Salinas,
Were you able to fix your green screen issue? I now have the same issue - can't recall a hard landing and it happened after a perfectly smooth automated survey - I noticed it an hour later when preparing a second survey.

may not be solo at all
does it look like this?
View attachment 7590
Hi Pyrate,
I sent my gimbal (and the entire solo away to repair the green screen). I connected it all up and the screen was displaying perfectly (ie, no more green screen), took it for a test flight, to run a pano exercise and mid-way, the green screen returned. I have downloaded the images, and they're in perfect nick, but the green screen is here to stay it seems. You mentioned in your post that it may not be a solo issue at all, any further thoughts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc