GPS - Auto Analysis in Mission planner

Reaction score
Website
www.robertpower.com.au
Got an interesting one on one of my birds. It flies ok but on hover moves around fair a bit. It was running a standard rev A GPS so I decided to replace it with a mRo GPS, I use these in my other birds and hoped this would solve the issue. I am flying in open area on my 40 acre farm and my other birds don’t behave this way, so don’t think its interference.

Installed ok and when I took off the controller showed 14 satellites, more than the rev A GPS. The moving around in hover still happens. Its not a small amount, up to a metre.

I downloaded the log and did an auto analysis in Mission Planner and is shows error GPS 0.

I am confused, the controller showed 14. Looked at a couple of my other logs on other birds and they show no error and GPS satellites in the log.

Am I missing something ? Just trying to get this bird to hover without moving about, its a bit of a worry when it behaves like that, not sure it is safe.

Tried a parameter reset?

I don't think the Solo would have let you arm without GPS data, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you're missing data in the logs.

Tried a parameter reset?

I don't think the Solo would have let you arm without GPS data, so I'm at a bit of a loss as to why you're missing data in the logs.

Yes, agree, it let me arm and fly no problem.

it showed 14 and let me fly, looked at a couple of other logs from that bird and the last few flights the same, and it moves around a lot when you hover ??

Did a parameter reset a while back, might do it again, do a new compass and levels cal and see how it goes, should be better with the mRo GPs

Last edited:
Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Update, just did a full parameter reset, compass and level cal, reboot and it found 17 satellites, moved around a lot on hover, a bit scary actually, laned it and downloaded log, did a auto analysis and still shows

Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99

Might be time to throw this one in the bin as its feels unsafe, never been crashed and only loged a handful of flights.

What about ALT? If it doesn't maintain alt check vibration in MP.
What about Hdop? The number of sat doesn't mean the signal is good.

Alt is fine, Hdop is fine, shows 9 sats @ 1.90 hdop, once in the air 20 sats @ 0.62 hdop.

I have flown it a couple more times, 15 min flgiht today and it seems ot have settled down. Still not sure why it acted so strange in hover, its like the new GPS needed a good flight to settle down, but I have put mRo GPS units in other birds and they all went ok.

Won't throw it in the bin now, but will keep a close eye on it, thanks for replying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela