GPH 4 Black HDMI output scaling problem on firmware v.5

Reaction score
I have had few successful flights while recording 2.7K video using the new firmware and linear FOV. Now for some reason, when I tap record in the app the video switches to a cropped image. Makes it really damn hard to frame a shot with confidence! This only happens on record settings above 1080p 30fps. Also, it seems to have recently popped up after I paired my GPH4 to the GoPro Capture app (maybe just a coincidence). I have the HDMI ribbon cable mod, and it seems secure. Anybody else experiencing this?

I have had few successful flights while recording 2.7K video using the new firmware and linear FOV. Now for some reason, when I tap record in the app the video switches to a cropped image. Makes it really damn hard to frame a shot with confidence! This only happens on record settings above 1080p 30fps. Also, it seems to have recently popped up after I paired my GPH4 to the GoPro Capture app (maybe just a coincidence). I have the HDMI ribbon cable mod, and it seems secure. Anybody else experiencing this?
Does it do it in 2.7K Wide or Medium?

It definitely did it in 4K wide and 2.7K medium. I don't think I tested 2.7K Wide yet. Stretched aspect ratios also happen in 1080 when the frame rate is over 30.

Update: I'm now noticing that when switching from 2.7K Wide to Medium FOV from the app, there is no change in cropping during preview.

Last edited:
I have this only when I switch to NTSC
The picture becomes stretched when the recording is turned on.
When I'm in PAL, there's no problem

On 3 versions there will be no manual settings, it's insulting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela