GPC backpack for the Solo, first impressions

Reaction score
Website
www.dezertpeople.com
Hey everyone, I'm a new Solo owner and I was looking at getting the 3DR backpack until I came across the Go Professional Cases one. I live 30 minutes from their shop so I went there today and bought the limited edition backpack. It's $50 more than the standard edition but I think it's worth it ($239 vs. $189). All the pockets are the same and it looks similar but there is padding on the shoulder straps and the bag is made with a better water resistant material. And it has a longer warranty.

They had one of the 3DR backpacks there because they designed it for 3DR (the $149 one). She said they wanted a cheaper price point and it's made in China. The 3DR one is a nice bag but the GPC bags are allot better in my opinion. Tons more pockets to hold more accessories all over the bag.

Their hard cases are really nice also.

711912d8c828c482a4ace2cca8bb3cd1.jpg
aa165b8fc984271e94d8665df4bb2aa3.jpg
8e0f08178fb62859699f2cef5af1422e.jpg

All those cases on the right side of the last picture are Caseman. The company started out by making gun cases and shipping cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: erikgraham
Hey everyone, I'm a new Solo owner and I was looking at getting the 3DR backpack until I came across the Go Professional Cases one. I live 30 minutes from their shop so I went there today and bought the limited edition backpack. It's $50 more than the standard edition but I think it's worth it ($239 vs. $189). All the pockets are the same and it looks similar but there is padding on the shoulder straps and the bag is made with a better water resistant material. And it has a longer warranty.

They had one of the 3DR backpacks there because they designed it for 3DR (the $149 one). She said they wanted a cheaper price point and it's made in China. The 3DR one is a nice bag but the GPC bags are allot better in my opinion. Tons more pockets to hold more accessories all over the bag.

All those cases on the right side of the last picture are Caseman. The company started out by making gun cases and shipping cases.

Thanks for this. I think I'll get one.

Welcome to the forum JD!

Is pic #2 the inside of the backpack? I almost went with a hard case but decided the backpack is a lot easier to carry.

I really like the 3DR backpack because it has cutouts in the foam for things besides batteries, and it was easier on the budget.

More batteries or more expensive case...? I chose batteries.

The GPC looks really nice too.

Actually, before I buy, where do the props go? It's not shown in any of the pictures. Even in their description of "what fits," there is no mention of props. I don't like to throw my props in an outer pocket where they can get damaged.

Welcome to the forum JD!

Is pic #2 the inside of the backpack? I almost went with a hard case but decided the backpack is a lot easier to carry.

I really like the 3DR backpack because it has cutouts in the foam for things besides batteries, and it was easier on the budget.

More batteries or more expensive case...? I chose batteries.

The GPC looks really nice too.

Thanks Maddog, yes that is the inside of the backpack. The 3DR one does look nice. I film off-road desert racing and hike around with allot of gear so I think the GPC with all the additional pockets will work out good for me. It even has a zipper on the back so you can slide in a laptop. And the front part can hang out if you adjust the side straps so you can stuff whatever in there.

Reactions: Maddog
Actually, before I buy, where do the props go? It's not shown in any of the pictures. Even in their description of "what fits," there is no mention of props. I don't like to throw my props in an outer pocket where they can get damaged.

There are a couple pockets on the inside of the front flap that I think works good for the props. But I didn't have much time to mess with it when I got home today so I'll have to look and see if there is somewhere else they can go. Maybe somewhere in the foam or under the solo.

Also I forgot to mention that the solo fits in there with extended legs. I just bought some 3D printed ones on eBay.

I just went for a mountain bike ride with a friend and took the solo with us. The backpack worked great. It's big to ride with but it was comfortable and I even went on some technical trails with it. I'll post a link to footage later.
I put the props in one of the inside pockets and they were fine. I also brought a couple spares and left them in their box and put those in the front pocket.
736d84cb561e3a1cbf245c11377082e8.jpg
d7f62db946e0185e6084c54e5b7aae85.jpg

Reactions: erikgraham and J R
Great lookin pack. Only gripe is that it doesnt open from the back like the 3dr pack which is kind of a deal breaker for me. Love the additional storage and the incorporation of the molle system though. Curious to see the long term durability. Will be keeping an eye on this thread. Nice bike btw.

I just went for a mountain bike ride with a friend and took the solo with us. The backpack worked great. It's big to ride with but it was comfortable and I even went on some technical trails with it. I'll post a link to footage later.
I put the props in one of the inside pockets and they were fine. I also brought a couple spares and left them in their box and put those in the front pocket.
736d84cb561e3a1cbf245c11377082e8.jpg
d7f62db946e0185e6084c54e5b7aae85.jpg

Good call on using the boxes. That does it. I'm ordering one.

Reactions: JD Films

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela