GoPro zoom in when recording

Reaction score
Hi all,

What do I need to do to go back to the version, or update to newer version, that will get rid of the zoom in on video feed to my phone when I hit record. Is there any drawbacks of the versions that do not do this?

Thanks,

Ian

Check your resolution and frame rate on your camera options. There may be hardware limitations on the device your using that makes the picture look skewed. For instance if I use my Galaxy S5 and choose 2.7K @60fps, the picture looks distorted and "zoomed in" on the device live feed even though on the gopro it's recording just fine. However if I choose 1080P @60fps, the picture looks just fine on the live feed and on the gopro.

Ok thanks. I believe it's the firmware version that I'm running where 2.7k and 4K zoom in on video feed. The version before didn't do this so I'm wondering how I revert back or if I should update to next version(if that even fixes it).

Dunno, sounds like an odd problem. What type of Gopro are you using?
I have 3 x GP hero 4 black and there's two things that cause issues for me with video quality. Shooting at 2.7K or above OR using high frame rates 120fps or 240fps.
What about your FOV settings? Is it possible you have it set up for Medium, Narrow or Linear? That would apply a crop affect to your video, your device may then try to stretch the image to the frame in which case you'd have a "Zoom In" effect.

Yes - on my GPH4 Silvers. I use it for the in camera linear correction. Trade off is the loss of remote recording stop start.

I was flying with my solo last week and I also suddenly had a "zoom problem" it was very odd and disorientating.. in the end it did fix by restarting though.

I use Ver 5 on all three of my GP Hero blacks, no issues. No "Zooming" either. However like I said, filming 2.7K or 4K causes distortion on my video feed only (not on what's being recorded) and I suspect that's due to a hardware limitation on my device. Back to searching the forums for a darned nice tablet to use. (I'm increasing my budget to sub $400 at this time).

I use version 5 as well, and use a Nexus 7 tablet for the fpv. Bought it on EBay for like $64 or so. Works perfectly! Just make sure the tablet you choose has GPS if you're going to use Tower etc.. I think all of the Nexus one's have it tho. Good luck[emoji16]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle