GoPro studio

Reaction score
hi guys I need help.
I have bought myself a Lenovo laptop, powerful enough for the GoPro program, I have downloaded it to my laptop , all ok,
I import a GoPro video to the GoPro studio, it appears in the top left import new files,but it doesn't show in the main screen, it won't let me, when I push the play button, just sound comes on,I have tried everything I can think of, even deleted the program, and reloaded it,HELP, cheers guys

For many of us, GoPro Studio is broken to the point of uselessness, and has been for an extended period of time with no response or acknowledgement from GoPro. I hate to say it, but your best bet is to look for an alternative.

Thankyou fella, any suggestions??

It all depends on your needs and budget. I use Adobe Premiere, but I already own their whole suite (CS6) for work. It's now subscription only, and probably a bit pricey unless you're making money at it. Here's a review of 11 applications: 11 Best Video Editing Software Platforms For basic editing, any will do, but just check that they support the resolution you want to work in - several don't support 4k, but editing and storing 4k video is a bit crazy unless you're doing it professionally.

Reactions: baldguy
guys I would try a reinstall of studio, it should work just fine
I use adobe creative suite on my main PC but in the field I run a surface pro 3 with
gopro studio
prodrenilin for stabilization
Premiere elements for editing

you by chance are not trying to edit files in studio off the sd card are you?
you have to move them over to the HD first.

What is broken? My use of it is very basic and it works great.

guys I would try a reinstall of studio, it should work just fine

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried it on brand new, clean Windows installs. It has never worked for me. Ever.

I'll import videos, add them to view & trim and the audio will play but there's no video. I'll add the clips to the conversion list and click convert, the button will change to "stop conversion" and the clip will show a status bar that stays at 0% forever.

There's lots of reports of this, going back years, with no solution. I've tried every suggestion I read about in forums, but nothing works. At this point, I've given up.

I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried it on brand new, clean Windows installs. It has never worked for me. Ever.

I'll import videos, add them to view & trim and the audio will play but there's no video. I'll add the clips to the conversion list and click convert, the button will change to "stop conversion" and the clip will show a status bar that stays at 0% forever.

There's lots of reports of this, going back years, with no solution. I've tried every suggestion I read about in forums, but nothing works. At this point, I've given up.
Mine is is the same, tried everything in the book

Some time ago I got problems with GoPro StudioForm ....... until I found that it don't like at all if your computer ID is with accent and the same for directory name!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, it works only with MP4 coming out a GoPro.

Now, it works very fine for me.

Yep everything is ok with laptop, and all videos are MP4, audio no video, bloody frustrating. As I have good footage with 3dr solo, just need to edit.even had an experienced I.T guy come and have a look.

It all depends on your needs and budget. I use Adobe Premiere, but I already own their whole suite (CS6) for work. It's now subscription only, and probably a bit pricey unless you're making money at it. Here's a review of 11 applications: 11 Best Video Editing Software Platforms For basic editing, any will do, but just check that they support the resolution you want to work in - several don't support 4k, but editing and storing 4k video is a bit crazy unless you're doing it professionally.
Thanks fella

Guys
You have some sort of hardware problem
good luck

If there is an issue with Gopro studio there is no guarantee the you will not have an issue with another program
I would look at Hitfilm 3 as a free option to test hardware
I do use Premier Elements and it is inexpensive.

Guys
good luck

Unlikely, as this same exact problem has spanned several systems which otherwise work perfectly, and 2 generations of cameras, again, which work perfectly otherwise.

I've found reports of these exact same problems going back to 2012. Do a google search for "gopro studio conversion stuck" and you'll see numerous reports. We can't all be having some obscure hardware problem.

Guys
good luck

If there is an issue with Gopro studio there is no guarantee the you will not have an issue with another program
I would look at Hitfilm 3 as a free option to test hardware
I do use Premier Elements and it is inexpensive.
Actually mate I just downloaded one, thanks

If you can hear audio ( which means you can access the file so it's not a path issue ) but you can't see video then it's likely a codec problem.

The first thing I would play around with the CineForm codec settings. (In particular, I would disable the "fast playback" and see what the result was). CineForm is GoPro's default codec and you can access the settings by right-clicking on the GoPro importer in the launch tray ( bottom right hand corner ). If you don't see the GoPro icon, start "GoPro Importer" from the start menu and then it will appear.

If that doesn't work, I suggest installing ffdshow (ffdshow) which has very good support for H.264. (You may have to go through it's setup menu and make sure it's the default codec for H.264 which is what GoPro uses ).

Good luck. Video problems are the bane of my existence.

If you can hear audio ( which means you can access the file so it's not a path issue ) but you can't see video then it's likely a codec problem.

The first thing I would play around with the CineForm codec settings. (In particular, I would disable the "fast playback" and see what the result was). CineForm is GoPro's default codec and you can access the settings by right-clicking on the GoPro importer in the launch tray ( bottom right hand corner ). If you don't see the GoPro icon, start "GoPro Importer" from the start menu and then it will appear.

If that doesn't work, I suggest installing ffdshow (ffdshow) which has very good support for H.264. (You may have to go through it's setup menu and make sure it's the default codec for H.264 which is what GoPro uses ).

Good luck. Video problems are the bane of my existence.
Thankyou

I agree with @KathyRo. Studio has always worked on my machines but in my work I always have to install various codecs and ffdshow will generally fill the bill. Any time you use a player and have audio but no video, it will generally come down to either a codec or video card driver issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea