GoPro Recording Problems

Reaction score
every time I fly my GoPro hero 3+ black appears to start recording (using gimbal) but when I check memory card there are no new recording. This started last week, and I'm not sure why.

When i go back and watch the screen recording its obvious that nothing recorded. I also noticed the GoPro Battery Symbol keeps changing to a plug symbol and then back again. See attached images:

Attachments

• IMG_2404.PNG
    IMG_2404.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2405.PNG
    IMG_2405.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2407.PNG
    IMG_2407.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 27
So did u find the fix

I have the same error / issue
The go pro ref light blinks and the phone app shows recording status

It when I check on pc the recording is missing

It's like 3 mins recording done. But I actually flew 25 mins

I didn't change the sd card but it has been about 80% full at times. Since the GoPro 3 can't be started from the app I have to manually start by sticking a knife blade on top of the cameras record button when it's in the gimbal. It worked once yesterday but I had to have the rotors going then start recording. After liftoff it actually kept recording. I flew 2500 feet away until I lost connection and it returned home. It stopped recording when it lost connection but the video was watchable. Many times when the video shuts down it leaves the file corrupt and it won't play. I should have a hero 4 in a few days to try.

Hopefully I stumbled across a fix. Earlier I was having a multitude of problems with the GoPro 3 Black. Locking up sometimes and would not give me a live video feed to my cell phone/controller. If I switched the camera to Photo, burst, or time lapse my video feed would start working but when I switched back to video it was still nothing. Sometimes it would give me crazy horizontal lines. Did some digging and found that one problem could be having the GoPro set to video @ 48 fps (which is where I had it set). Changed the video to 720@60 fps and it worked fine on the static gopro mount and on the Solo gimbal. Still getting the occasional red light of death on the Gopro when powering up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc