GoPro - No Sound

Reaction score
Website
takenbydrone.com
So, although I was not able to purchase/receive the gimbal before my yearly St. Thomas trip I brought my Solo with me anyway to take some still photography.

Although no a issue with the Solo, half way through shooting video yesterday I'm not getting any audio when playing back any of content. Performing a search for GoPro audio setup does not lead me to any valuable results so I was wondering if any of you experienced this issue.

Also for some reason even though I have my GoPro to never shut off it always does so until I'm recording video. Have I lost my mind and this has always been the case or is the part of the new FW?

First flight today with Solo.
Flight was great, however the video was not the best and I had no audio!
I will try pay closer attention to the start up sequence next time but was wondering about the lack of audio as I have seen video in which you can hear the props...
Any suggestions?

Patrice, are you recording video to your device? Are you checking the video on the GP itself? The device's video will have no sound, while the GPs video should.

Reactions: Patrice
And as far as your GoPro shutting off. There is a setting you will only get, if you have the video screen backpack thing, or possible if it's plugged into the gimbal. You have to access it from the camera itself. I don't think it shows in any of the app settings. Anyways, it's setup to turn the camera off after 60 seconds if the record button isn't pressed. Had this issue with my discovery pro. Having the GoPro plugged into the gimbal (via the back connector, not the HDMI) it thinks there's the little video screen attached and this particular setting kicks in.

Thanks Acroduster. I was recording through the device... I take it recording on the GP is better quality??

Went for another flight today. Just above 0 C, not much flying left! Can't wait to see video on SD card! From what I've read, I shouldn't fly in winter, although I've seen videos where there was lots of snow!!!

I've been trying to find how to increase maximum altitude as I am current locked at 150 feet. Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela