Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

GoPro HERO4 quality issues with 3DR Solo

Discussion in 'GoPro/GoPro Gimbal' started by LuisQuiroga, Jan 5, 2017.

1. LuisQuiroga

Hi!, some one knows why when I'm filming or taking pictures with 3DR solo +Gimbal the quality of the video or picture is really poor?

With 3DR +gimbal:
    drone.png

Just GoPro:
    gopro.png

Do you see the difference between them? the picture taken with 3DR is really poor.

So, the settings I use are the next ones :
    15934029_10211426587847319_890866536_o.jpg

What am I supposed to do to improve the quality when using go pro with my 3DR?

2. shanmoon

My thought (as Solo newbie myself) is try settings as recommended by the manual (Hero 4 Black recommendations below). If you have a different model, the manual recommends matching these as closely as possible. Right off the bat I see you chose wide FOV. Quality of my shots improved dramatically when I switched to medium and turned on Protune.

[​IMG]

3. TaylorR137

The top is whats being compressed and streamed back to the controller and your phone over WiFi. Its never going to be as good as whats saved to the GoPro SD card. I recall there was a way to adjust the bitrate of the feed, but that comes at a cost of video latency and range.

4. Pedals2Paddles

The video it is saving to your phone is just a low resolution, low bitrate preview. It is not intended for production or sharing. The high definition quality video is and always will be stored on the GoPro's SD card.

SARDG likes this.
  5. Frank Foster

If you can look at the information on the videos saved to your device, it will show a low resolution, 700 something...... It's just the way it is, no getting around it, as far as I know. It is handy for quick reviewing etc. The good stuff is on your GoPro.

6. LuisQuiroga

But how can I save in the SD card when i'm filming with 3DR app?
    the videos or pictures just go to my phone, but in the SD card there is nothing

7. Pedals2Paddles

Well are you pressing record? What model GoPro are you using??

8. richnat

Turn off camera roll unless you really want to save video or photos to you phone.