Gopro Hero 3+ Silver

Reaction score
I have heard of people using the hero 3+ silver on their solos, but my solo app does not recognize it as a compatible camera (only 3+ black up to 4 black). I can view where I am flying except that it cuts to black for a few seconds occasionally. However, I am unable to record any video. The record button will not engage. I have put my camera in one button mode and that has yielded minimal results, as my controller will say "File Error" and "File Repaired" and immediately delete videos during flight. I know my Gopro has been updated to the latest version. So is there a way to make it work or do I need a newer gopro? Thanks

Hero 3+ Silver is not compatible. Like you have found, you can stream video from it to your app, but cannot control recording. You'll have to manually hit Record on the GoPro prior to flying, and record the whole flight. You can still do smart shots and all, but it will not record separate video segments.

You need to have a Hero 3+ Black, or a Hero 4 Black or Silver for full functionality.

It is rather annoying that they made so many versions of the Hero 3, but only one works with the Solo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle