GoPro firmware update anti drone rumor

Reaction score
My friend told me that GoPro's latest firmware update made their cameras stop working with drones. He then told me that it was due to GoPro launching their own drone and that this "hiccup" was a sign of what's to come.

Any truth to that that anyone else knows about?

I would ask your friend for a source
otherwise you are just helping spread the silliness

well, I'm not spreading anything. I'm clearly just asking the experts a question.

technically, the latest known firm ware that was released actually enabled it to work with solo
that is why I am asking where you heard such a thing.

Nope, thought if it was true that this group would be the authority. I googled it and par-used some forums and thought (when I didn't find anything written) that I'd ask.

it sounded very underhanded and hardball so I was intrigued. With their stock drop I thought that it sounded desperate but not impossible to believe.

Which latest update? On GoPros site, it shows most recent firmware is:
HERO4 Black v03.00.00 | July 30, 2015
HERO4 Silver v03.00.00 | July 30, 2015

Everyone flying here is using the latest firmware, since the latest Solo app requires it to change gopro settings. Our cameras work fine with v03.00.00 on the Solo.

As a side note, it's not even possible for the Gopro to know what's connected to it (drone, handheld gimbal).

And I would actually be surprised if you see another gopro 4 firmware release
I think the last one was way past the normal release cycle for a gopro camera

So lets see... Gopro Sabotaging it's products, so it doesn't work with UAVs
Other then it's own?
Hell it's got to be true! cause, DSDFS5 55 5y RGEFGE g53ty35 #%Y#%3% 3# 3%T %#T T#%T %#T T# 35 #T #T#T#T#%TRGRE G%$G %G%G#$.

That's why it's true! Got that from the horse's mouth!

Dam you GoPro! :):(:(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Reactions: Chuck
Even if GoPro comes out with their own drone, it will just be another option for potential buyers. To defeat the software to make the GoPro useless to other drones, would be shooting themselves in the foot. At $400 - $600 per camera, that is a lot of business to toss away. I just don't see it.

My friend told me that GoPro's latest firmware update made their cameras stop working with drones. He then told me that it was due to GoPro launching their own drone and that this "hiccup" was a sign of what's to come.

Any truth to that that anyone else knows about?
Technically I dont de hoe thid could be true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea