gopro control

Reaction score
Hey there.
I have 2 Hero4Black (different lenses). One works fine, the other sometimes powers up when inserted in Gimbal and powered on, but then doesnt allow any control via app ... Bizzarely, if I manually start the video before taking off, then land, it stops recording and I have full control back! Any ideas?
Cheers, Adam.

I suspect bad contact. So its intermittent.
If both are on same latest firmware, so its electrical minor problem, most likely.
Try to buy this :
CRC QD Contact Cleaner Aerosol
Remove battery from camera. Get a friend LCD backpac or if he has a bacpac extension cable, use that. Do not use Battery BacPac.
Use the LCD bacpac contact points as friction tool to clean the contact of the camera side back expansion port, while you spray this cleaner into the pins.

Angle the camera a bit down, so that the liquid cleaner ( will be gass off later ) will not drip to lens CMOS assy.
If you have compressed air, better, blow some air to remove dirt, if any.

I usually do this for when my camera has been exposed to sea salty air and sometime the contact pin at the rear expansion port get oxidized. I managed to save a few friends camera this way too when they accidentally touch camera with a few drops of salty sea water dripping into the expansion port contact pins. Seawater can short the camera at the rear expansion port pins.

Sometime my 1st gen LCD BacPac of Hero3 Black Oct 2012 era, also need some shake and push to work well with the camera.
The LCD bacpac side of the pins are kinda worn out :)

Good luck.

I suspect bad contact. So its intermittent.
If both are on same latest firmware, so its electrical minor problem, most likely.
Try to buy this :
CRC QD Contact Cleaner Aerosol
Remove battery from camera. Get a friend LCD backpac or if he has a bacpac extension cable, use that. Do not use Battery BacPac.
Use the LCD bacpac contact points as friction tool to clean the contact of the camera side back expansion port, while you spray this cleaner into the pins.

Angle the camera a bit down, so that the liquid cleaner ( will be gass off later ) will not drip to lens CMOS assy.
If you have compressed air, better, blow some air to remove dirt, if any.

I usually do this for when my camera has been exposed to sea salty air and sometime the contact pin at the rear expansion port get oxidized. I managed to save a few friends camera this way too when they accidentally touch camera with a few drops of salty sea water dripping into the expansion port contact pins. Seawater can short the camera at the rear expansion port pins.

Sometime my 1st gen LCD BacPac of Hero3 Black Oct 2012 era, also need some shake and push to work well with the camera.
The LCD bacpac side of the pins are kinda worn out :)

Good luck.

Fantastic suggestions. Thank you so much for the reply. I have an LCD backpac just waiting to have the pins worn out!
Cheers.

Most of the time, if you are able, you can add a tiny bit of solder to worn pads.

99.9% ISO alcohol is also great for cleaning electrical contacts. Cheap too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421