GoPro auto on stopped working after update

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just updated my Gp4Blk to the latest (v.4.0.0) an now the camera doesn't turn on automatically. It turns off when I power down but not on.

When I do have the camera on I can change the mode but when I change the field of view on the video there is no difference. The current settings I have on the go pro are:

60fps
M
Lowlight - off
spot - off
pt - on
wb - native
color - flat
shutter(this is a new option from the 4.0.0 update) - auto
iso - 400
ev - -5

I'm thinking i might need to downgrade the gopro if the solo isn't compatible with the latest gp update.

Thoughts?

Hi all,

I just updated my Gp4Blk to the latest (v.4.0.0) an now the camera doesn't turn on automatically. It turns off when I power down but not on.

When I do have the camera on I can change the mode but when I change the field of view on the video there is no difference. The current settings I have on the go pro are:

60fps
M
Lowlight - off
spot - off
pt - on
wb - native
color - flat
shutter(this is a new option from the 4.0.0 update) - auto
iso - 400
ev - -5

I'm thinking i might need to downgrade the gopro if the solo isn't compatible with the latest gp update.

Thoughts?
Mine stopped working too

I may downgrade mine but not yet I shot with shutter and ISO lock today
Man it was over exposed
Going to play more tomorrow

This is like any other "advanced" feature. People who are into photography with DSLRs probably saw this update, smiled, and knew exactly what they needed to do. The average user sees a new feature, says "Oh wow, this will be great, I'm going to turn this on now!", then is surprised by the shots being all messed up.

You need to use ND filters, carefully plan your shots in advance, and spend a lot more time getting it right, for what ends up being a much better image. You might need to land and change filters to take shots facing a different direction or into the shade. An ND16 or ND32 filter for bright sun will make the image too dark if you turn around and shoot into the shade. Remember, you're disabling all the automatic exposure adjustment that used to compensate for that.

It was major learning curve for me too. And it I found it often is not the answer. When lighting conditions can vary, you're probably better off on auto. If you do not have the software and skill to enhance protune, you're better off on auto.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence
It's easy with still photography because your angle is the same most of the time as you're typically shooting a stationary subject. You dial in the settings for what you are shooting at, and it rarely changes. With a quad changing directions, that is impossible unless you fly a straight line and don't move the gimbal, or it's grey out which more or less averages the light. The more extreme the difference between the brightest and the darkest, especially in the same shot, the worse it will be. Like when you have bright sunlight and a lot of contrasting shadows. It's great to have the control, but I think it messes things up (on a quad) more than it helps.

When you do the upgrade it sets everything to default
Including go to sleep after 1 minute. It got me too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc