GoPro 3+ Black setting change issues(from app)

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to the 3dr community, however, I previously flew Phantoms. Due to the cost of them and the recent BestBuy deal, I have switched to 3dr. I am moving aboard a sailboat in the Caribbean next month and will be using the drone for personal video/photography and hopefully my skills over the next 6months to a year will be good enough to enter the "professional" side of things.

That being said, I am running with the GP Hero 3+ Black on the gimbal. I am seeing an issue where after you power up everything, if you try to change the camera settings from the Solo App, the app seems to act like the settings never changed, but looking at the GP, you can definitely see the settings changed. For example, I normally run 1080P @ 60FPS, but if i tell the app to change to 4k @ 15FPS, the camera changes, but the app shows i'm still in 1080P.

The only way for the app to get updated is if you pull the camera and stick it back in.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have a solution? Is this occurring with the Hero 4 Black?

Yes, I have had a similar issue. I could press record and the camera will start recording. Yet the app will not show that the recording started. If you are on version 5 firmware for gp that is probably the problem. You have two options for a fix.

Option 1: You could roll back the gp firmware to version 3.x.x

Option 2: This is the quick fix that you could do in the field. With the solo powered off without a battery, place the gp (also powered off) into the gimbal, turn on the controller and connect the app, turn on the gp, install solo battery, turn on solo, now you should have functionality in the app. When you are going to do a battery change to solo, land and power off solo, gp will power off automatically, keep app and controller running, remove solo battery, power on gp, replace solo battery and power on. You should still see functionality in the app.

The issue is on the version 5 gp firmware, the solo does not turn the gp back on automatically, so it appears that it is incompatible. However, the compatibility is still there, you just have to manually power the gp before powering the solo/gimbal so that the cpu and app think the camera is a part of and powering altogether as one seamless unit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo