Good beginner drone?

Reaction score
Reactions: 1tom2go
I'm looking to join the droning community and have these 3 drones in mind Yi Zhan YiZhan X4 6 Axis 2.4G RC Quacopter With LCD Transmitter RTF Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Hubsan X4 (H107L) 4 Channel 2.4GHz RC Quadcopter, Blackhttps://www.amazon.com/DBPOWER-X400...016BMBRUM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 I obviously know nothing so if you could recommend one of these or another drone that is fairly inexpensive and will work great outside I would love to hear.

You are right to start on these cheaper quadcopters and learn how to fly. I started with a Syma X1. When it got boring I got a Traxxas Alias and that is still fun to fly. Learning to fly these smaller quads will give you confidence as a pilot when you move up to the Solo.

I agree - learning to fly manually and even in acro mode will really help when (not if, but when) your bigger drones lose their GPS connection. Everyone should be able to fly manually by line of sight. Losing the FPV and the GPS at the same time does happen. I feel sorry for the folks who are out of luck when that happens and the best they can do is crash. Actually saw that at a contest once, I was amazed. That team did great until they lost autonomous control, then they were forced to crash their plane. It's a terrible position to put yourself in.

The little drones are a ton of fun too - you can race them inside your house! I've been looking at this one for that purpose...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: 1tom2go
You are right to start on these cheaper quadcopters and learn how to fly... ...Learning to fly these smaller quads will give you confidence as a pilot when you move up to the Solo.
I have no sense at all and like to jump in with both feet when I start something, so... Solo is my first (and second, and third) drone.

...The little drones are a ton of fun too - you can race them inside your house! I've been looking at this one for that purpose...
Ugh... not counting 5 computer monitors, I have 13 flat screen TVs in my home (and screened lanai) - plenty of crash targets, no waiting!

My Best recommendation:
Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI With 1080P Camera 3-Axis
It has flying time of 27 minutes.
Equiped with GPS + GLONASS + vision-based positioning for max precision.
Link for the product and more details:
New Arrival Xiaomi Mi Drone WIFI FPV With 1080P Camera 3 Axis Gimbal RC Quadcopter RTF-in Camera Drones from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

My Cheap recommendation:
My recommendation for drone is SYMA X8 4K Camera 1080p Ultra HD Wifi 2.4G.
The price is around 120$ and the company SYMA is highly recommended.
Link to the seller with good reviews:
SYMA X8C X8G X8W X8HG X8 FPV RC Drone With H9R 4K Camera 1080p Ultra HD WiFi 2.4G 4CH RC Quadcopter Helicopter Professional Dron-in RC Helicopters from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

:):):):):):)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo