Gone

Gimbals are gone, but I bought another SOLO kit from B & H with no gimbal.
I have 3 extra gimbals I had bought from Amazon for $39.99 a long while back.
Included with the kit was the long controller battery, extra SOLO battery, backpack and 3DR Tablet hood (they swapped the phone for the tablet) two legs, and the GoPro sunshade.
I believe I got a good deal.
$299 shipped.

Just took a look and purchased one of the used gimbals from B&H $170.00 shipped to Australia!!!!, It's a shame they won't ship the batteries....

This camera fits a Solo Gimbal? It has the connector on the back that plugs into the gimbal?
The gimbal I got was the factory gimbal which uses the GoPro camera it is not the standard fixed camera mount that comes with the Solo. The gimbals are getting scarce so that is probably why they are getting
high in price.

Ahh yes, the elusive gimbal. Soon to be so rare that it will have less sightings than Sasquatch.

The gimbal I got was the factory gimbal which uses the GoPro camera it is not the standard fixed camera mount that comes with the Solo. The gimbals are getting scarce so that is probably why they are getting
high in price.
So... to ask the question again: Does the GitUp Git camera fit the Solo Gimbal? Yes or No?

So... to ask the question again: Does the GitUp Git camera fit the Solo Gimbal? Yes or No?
YES, you have to shim the camera out with Styrofoam, cardboard, foam pad or any kind of material that is non-conductive and that won't scratch the
camera's screen. Since the camera is lighter than the GoPro the gimbal will have to be balanced with a weight so it is balanced. You don't need to cut
or hack away the tabs that hold the camera, KEEP THE GIMBAL STOCK SO IT CAN BE USED WITH A GOPRO LATER ON. The standard HDMI
port on the side of the GitUp camera can connect to the gimbal's video connector. A velcro strap or rubber band can be used to hold the camera in
the gimbal. The camera has to be turned on before flight for FPV and recording the flight. I had a old GitUp Git1 camera that I use on the Solo and I
posted the setup functions I use. Search on the GitUp Git1 posts.

EZL, thanks for the information, including the video. Later readers of this thread will appreciate it. Did you upgrade the lens, or do any post-processing of the original video clip?
The video clip was a upload from another fella and not mine. My Git1 camera has a FOV of 120 and a 90 lens can be special ordered with the cameras.
The video shows how well the camera works with the Solo gimbal which is a real good gimbal. My videos are just like the one shown less the nice scenery!
There is no choppiness or jello with the Solo gimbal. Setting up the camera was the biggest problem and you have no control over snapping pictures or turning
the camera on from the phone or notepad so the camera has to be turned on manually before a flight. There is one plus with the camera, the SD card is
accessible while the camera is still mounted to the gimbal and the video can be taken off of the SD when it is removed. Power is supplied from the battery
in the camera so it's not drawing power from the Solo's battery. Like I said, setting up the parameters on the camera is the biggest problem. The camera has
a motion sensor on it and once the Solo is air born the video will turn on because of movement. I uploaded the parameter listing for the camera in another
section of the forum for another fella so he could get his camera working.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela