Golden image files

Reaction score
I am trying to flash new golden image file to my controllers SD card and I am wondering if this... Solo_mmc_242.img ...file from knightriders post is the correct file for the controller or the Bird? and are they the same?
Talking about a Stock solo

All for open solo...but sd card is corrupted(damaged) so need to get controller communicating with bird first then I will go open solo route..i am under impression Controller and bird be communicating correctly prior to loading open solo

Pedals2paddles....am I correct about needing normally communicating controller and bird prior to open solo update...right now with sd card corrupted in controller...i have new sd card to replace and I believe correct golden image file but holding off install as a little unclear still

I am trying to flash new golden image file to my controllers SD card and I am wondering if this... Solo_mmc_242.img ...file from knightriders post is the correct file for the controller or the Bird? and are they the same?
Talking about a Stock solo

I beleive what you've got there is the 2.4.2 version of the Solo's image. If you reflash the IMX6 with that, flash the controller with 2.4.2 and initiate a factory reset, that should fix it. I had a similar problem getting locked out of my pixhawk and this worked for me. I tried numerous resets with the factory image loaded , but the firmaware would not load properly until the bird and controller were at .2.4.2

I beleive what you've got there is the 2.4.2 version of the Solo's image. If you reflash the IMX6 with that, flash the controller with 2.4.2 and initiate a factory reset, that should fix it. I had a similar problem getting locked out of my pixhawk and this worked for me. I tried numerous resets with the factory image loaded , but the firmaware would not load properly until the bird and controller were at .2.4.2

I saw your post and was able to recover( I thought) by flashing both the copter and controller and factory re setting first...and it worked...the original download from the 3dr servers even initiated...i thouht I fixed it...i was wrong again.
I was able to go through the normal startup procedures after calibrating the compass and mou, but when I got it up in the air...it would only fly in circles.

Have you run into this problem....and how do you fix it ?

Hi calistogasolo,

Sorry that you're still having difficulty.

Did you check to be sure what versions of firmware/software were installed? I forgot, did you install OpenSolo or are you still on the original 3DR branch. If that bird hasn't seen OpenSolo, I'd be stumped for sure.

I did not have that sort of problem. The only issue I had was that I had to remove my compass and ended up inverting it when I reinstalled it, I tried but could not calibrate the compass. Once I hooked it up to Mission Planner, I noticed the HUD was inverted, so that clued me in to the backwards compass.

Also, the advice to calibrate AWAY from buildings, power lines and even concrete is crucial... Did you get a good calibration? It sounds to me like "toiletbowling" If it is acting like in this video, then it is compass error, just try recalibrating.. IF compass calibrations don't fix it, then I'm afraid I'm no help.

It sounds like toiletbowling. If so, then the calculated GPS position is different than what was commanded and the drone is continually trying to recalculate a new GPS position, resulting in the circular flight path.

Hope you're able to get it going again soon.

Good luck let me know

He has a botched install from like 2 months ago. He's been asking these questions ever since. And in every case, he refuses to answer questions or follow anyone's suggestions. Then disappears. Rinse and repeat.

Hi calistogasolo,

Sorry that you're still having difficulty.

Did you check to be sure what versions of firmware/software were installed? I forgot, did you install OpenSolo or are you still on the original 3DR branch. If that bird hasn't seen OpenSolo, I'd be stumped for sure.

I did not have that sort of problem. The only issue I had was that I had to remove my compass and ended up inverting it when I reinstalled it, I tried but could not calibrate the compass. Once I hooked it up to Mission Planner, I noticed the HUD was inverted, so that clued me in to the backwards compass.

Also, the advice to calibrate AWAY from buildings, power lines and even concrete is crucial... Did you get a good calibration? It sounds to me like "toiletbowling" If it is acting like in this video, then it is compass error, just try recalibrating.. IF compass calibrations don't fix it, then I'm afraid I'm no help.

It sounds like toiletbowling. If so, then the calculated GPS position is different than what was commanded and the drone is continually trying to recalculate a new GPS position, resulting in the circular flight path.

Hope you're able to get it going again soon.

Good luck let me know

Thanks for the response..its nice when someone has something positive to say.
I'e
I was able to bring my Solo back to stock by flashing the cards in both the controller and copter and was even able to get the firmware download from 3dr...but unfortunately I'm still experiencing a severe/very tight cicle...and that's all it will do with minimal stick controll that enables me to at least make a somewhat controlled landing.
I guess it' time to start learning about how to read and inerpret logs and try to figure it out that way.

Again thanks for the response.

He only wants positive replies... As if the other 10+ threads and posts he's made about this across the internet didn't give him useful suggestions. Liars will always be liars. they just can't help it after doing it for so long.

What does it do in manual? Is it normal?

I ended up having to reload parameters..

From what you describe, it truly does sound like toiletbowling.

My guess would. Bad compass Cal or bad parameter load..

Hope this helps and you're airborne soon.

What does it do in manual? Is it normal?

I ended up having to reload parameters..

From what you describe, it truly does sound like toiletbowling.

My guess would. Bad compass Cal or bad parameter load..

Hope this helps and you're airborne soon.

I always have it manuel..but in fly it does the same thing.
I did reload the parameters through mission planner and loaded Ardupilot 3.5.4

And I always calibrate..it wouldn' take off without it.

You put ArduCopter 3.5.4 on the stock cube? Against all advise from all the engineers that say not to do that. When it is crashed in pieces because a motor shut down, will you start listen?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000