Go Pro

Reaction score
Hey I need some help please. I am using a go pro 4 black. I am set on 1080. 60fps and wide. My videos are very blurry. As long as the solo is setting still it's great but any move is very blurry. What setting do I have wrong. Thanks for help.

Thanks for the information. I found out I was looking at these straight from the solo to the I pad mini. I imported the video from the SD card to my laptop and it was much better.

Also keep in mind your frame rate of your footage. For example if it's 60 progressive and you work in your non linear editor set to PAL you will get judder and blurry renders. Also things like resampling PAR can cause artifacts = nothing arty about them LOL. Interlacing is pee an a champagne bottle looks OK till you sample it. Work progressive and square pixel and 30 fps in your NLE projects the 30 fps in PAL lands for broadcasting or net or whatever your display medium is is fine. What format are you rendering to? Example h264 is good across the board. What NLE are you using?

You should use Protune with you want to be able to color correct your footage without losing quality. Protune could be compared to the RAW images taken from a DSLR, for instance. However, if you want to use your footage straight out of the camera, without having to edit it, I advise you to keep Protune OFF. Here's a video in which I compare Protune footage with and without color correction. (It was taken on 3DR Solo, more details are in the description)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Solo_Maverick
Cool. What software did you use for the color correction?
I noticed some jello in the video. Did you use a ND filter to counter that?
I am currently using Premiere Pro CC to color correct and stabilize all my footage. As I don't have a gimbal, I am trying to figure out ways to get smoother my videos. Recently I tried a homemade ND/Polarizer filter, but the image quality wasn't perfect, even though the jello got a lot better. I ordered some ND filters from AliExpress and as soon as they arrive, I'll have them tested. I'm also looking forward to customize my vibration damping balls, because the stock ones are very rigid. Here's the video I shot with my homemade filters.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As you can see, there is a blurred area in the middle of the shots. That's because the filter was touching the GoPro lens. It was a pretty wind day, but the footage is not crap at least. I had to do some stabilization while editing, but the result is awesome.

Reactions: Solo_Maverick
Thanks! Nice video.
I got a filter set from PolarPro. It comes with ND and polarizer types.
Right now struggling with the PC specs and how much to invest to have a decent video editor platform. I built my desktop in 2004 and it's a 3MHz Pentium 4 that cannot even play the latest YouTube videos well.

Reactions: Bruno Cubateli
Thanks! Nice video.
I got a filter set from PolarPro. It comes with ND and polarizer types.
Right now struggling with the PC specs and how much to invest to have a decent video editor platform. I built my desktop in 2004 and it's a 3MHz Pentium 4 that cannot even play the latest YouTube videos well.
I've been using Premiere Pro for a while and I absolutely love it. However, it requires some good PC specs to work well. Right now I have a Lenovo All-in-one running an Intel i5-4430 at 3GHz, 8 GB of RAM and a dedicated AMD 2 GB graphics card. I can't say that's a perfect setup, but it handles Premiere decently. If your setup is not sufficient for running an editing program, you could try using the editor software that is provided by YouTube on their platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela