Go Pro Hero 3+ Silver functionality

Reaction score
Okay so I have some Sony action cams already and prefer not to buy a Hero 4 because of cost.

The only things I am interested in are; 1) video feed, 2) 1080p recording, and 3) start and stop recording controls from the android app. 1 and 2 are critical, and 3 would be a nice bonus

Can someone please tell me which, if any, of these features are available with the Hero 3+ Silver?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I just sold my 3+ silver due to it doesn't have any control from the Solo. It will feed video but that's all. Don't upgrade the firmware in the Silver. It needs to be at release 2.xx. If its higher you won't get video either.

GoPro has been selling refurb hero4 cameras on eBay. I think the black is 369 and the silver is 275. That is with warranty and accys.
I picked up an H4 black yesterday at a pawn shop for 220. Looks new and came with the padded case with 3 batts and a bunch of
accys.

Good luck..

Don.

Really appreciate the quick feedback Don.

With the silver would you be able to record if you hit the button before you took off? Or is that just too much of a pain?

Okay so I have some Sony action cams already and prefer not to buy a Hero 4 because of cost.

The only things I am interested in are; 1) video feed, 2) 1080p recording, and 3) start and stop recording controls from the android app. 1 and 2 are critical, and 3 would be a nice bonus

Can someone please tell me which, if any, of these features are available with the Hero 3+ Silver?

I use a Hero 3 black edition not the plus with firmware upgraded to the latest and I just chose (other) for camera options. I have to manually start stop recording but I have excellent video feed and recording 1080p.

Thank you Justin!

Yes, that's what I had to do was press the record button before every takeoff and again each landing to stop. It was kind of a hassle because the record button is covered by the gimbal.
Other than that it worked ok for the image and live stream to the tablet. I think the H4 black is superior in video quality.
It's nice being able to control the camera from the controller too.

Yes, that's what I had to do was press the record button before every takeoff and again each landing to stop. It was kind of a hassle because the record button is covered by the gimbal.
Other than that it worked ok for the image and live stream to the tablet. I think the H4 black is superior in video quality.
It's nice being able to control the camera from the controller too.

I just use the end of nail clippers to push the record button. It is a hassle but works for me. Love my hero 3. Hero 4 is just out of my budget right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc