Gimbal's at Best Buy

Reaction score
I bought my solo at a Best Buy a few weeks ago. No gimbals on the shelf and they did not show up on a search on the Best Buy website for store pickup. However when I called the same store and asked for the Sku 5352061 they said it was in inventory and can look up other stores in the area. So try calling Best Buy and asking for the gimbal. If anyone is near Brownsville Tx or wants a road trip there is one at the Best Buy in Brownsville TX.

I'm picking up mine this evening at a non disclosed Best Buy somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I'm picking up mine this evening at a non disclosed Best Buy somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere.

Felt that same way when I found one around here I let folks know after I had it ordered but it was a top secret mission until then. Lol

It's like we found some ancient rare treasure, seems like they are finally rolling out in decent numbers now at least.

I found mine in Laredo TX, it's where I bought my solo. When they restocked the Solo with another one they got the gimbal with the order. They locked it up and not many people knew it was there. I had to ask for the specific Sku and then they started the hunt for it. After a half hour on the phone waiting for them to track it down they found it.

I installed it later that night and had a few minor issues. But thanks to the forum showing the issues with wires putting a strain on the gimbal the issues have been fixed. It works great!!! so much smoother than a G3 aircraft gimbal I installed for a temp fix.

A huge thanks to everyone that posts here! it's made what could have been a bad experience with the Solo an easy learning curve.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
I ordered mine several months ago. Still not here. But, I kinda expect this from a new company. I wouldn't want to ship a product until it was 'totally ready' and maybe only ship to a few users for some field testing to work out the final bugs. Looking forward to my gimbal just the same.

Best Buy in Ft Wayne, IN had one as of 9/28. It was on the shelf so not sure if its still there.

i just got my gimbal yesterday - it works - then doesn't then does. seems to wake up with a nudge from the tilt command from the controller - but then stops working again. i'm currently searching the forums to find out what others are saying and if there's an update coming to address this issue.

i just got my gimbal yesterday - it works - then doesn't then does. seems to wake up with a nudge from the tilt command from the controller - but then stops working again. i'm currently searching the forums to find out what others are saying and if there's an update coming to address this issue.
Here is a pretty good thread on gimbal problem and how many people have fixe there issue !!

I hope it helps

Just a word on the gimbal | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

really - not south! wow. ok thx for that one - i would think i was totally being wound up on that one! i took out the gimbal housing again - made sure all the wires avoid the central silver disc, and as much as possible the rubber dampers. it's still happening - i also reran the initial gps alignment as well as orientation setting.

i watched a video where the battery tray was taken out to further make sure the cables touch nothing... but i am unable to remove the GPS housing. i've checked and seem to be running all the latest software versions. i hate not being able to figure it out. it works, doesn't then does again! grrr

ok. i want to throw the gimbal up against the wall. i have taken all the pieces off, reset made sure all software is up to date, no wires touching the gimbal pieces, used the suggestion of wrapping the hdmi cable behind the post. it still goes limp. droops. when it works - looks AMAZING - but for $400 i'd like it to work outta tha box. arrghh

ok. i want to throw the gimbal up against the wall. i have taken all the pieces off, reset made sure all software is up to date, no wires touching the gimbal pieces, used the suggestion of wrapping the hdmi cable behind the post. it still goes limp. droops. when it works - looks AMAZING - but for $400 i'd like it to work outta tha box. arrghh
Hey @emulsiondown .. If you read through this hole thread that I posted the link to earlier ...

Just a word on the gimbal | 3D Robotics Drone Forum

And absolutely nothing in that thread has helped you with your gimbal problem..!
Well my friend... I think you just might need to do a
an RMA..

it is a random issue it seems. sometimes it seems it happens when i try to make an angle change, other times just when i'm turning the drone itself. i have no other issues with the drone - the performance is rock solid - love it. but this bloody gimbal!

it is a random issue it seems. sometimes it seems it happens when i try to make an angle change, other times just when i'm turning the drone itself. i have no other issues with the drone - the performance is rock solid - love it. but this bloody gimbal!
If you've come to a point where you've exhausted all your options on trying to resolve your gimbal problem...call 3dr and they will be glad to help you out and guide you through some of there steps to resolve your problem ...and if they can't get it working with you..then they'll probably just give you an RMA free of charge and they will either fix it or send you a new one!! Why bang your head agains the wall... Just call them!!

Just my opinion ..

Reactions: emulsiondown
Also, a new update is due out very soon. I would hang on for a few more days and see if that remedies your issue. If not, call 3dr and rma that sucker.

Reactions: emulsiondown
Stupid question time: does this gimbal include the joystick controller?

controller-overlay2.png

You don't need the gimbal if you are taking stills only. It will not improve a still image capture. The Gimbal benefits video.

The joy stick controller, is the Radio that communicates with your Solo. It also controls the Gimbal, but its primary feature is to control the Solo.

You don't need the gimbal if you are taking stills only. It will not improve a still image capture. The Gimbal benefits video.

The joy stick controller, is the Radio that communicates with your Solo. It also controls the Gimbal, but its primary feature is to control the Solo.

Hmmmm... I see your point but at the same time I would think the gimbal might contribute somewhat to lessening any effect form vibration as well as keep the camera level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela