Gimbal Twichting/bouncing

Reaction score
Hi There,

I use a GoPro Hero4 black, I have attached the gimbal mount onto the Solo, I am getting some type of interference that make the GoPro bounce/twitch while sitting in the Gimbal while in flight or simply while hovering. Even if the gimbal set so say 45 degrees it will twitch and then the once in a while it will automatically go back to 90 degrees.

Please help!!!

Tom

Could you post a video to show what it's doing? That might help others diagnose the problem. Also if you're actually at caltech I may be able to help you in person!

Tom, Did you ever find a fix for your gimbal twitching problem.

I have a similar problem. Twitches just sitting on the ground. I have tried all the advanced installation procedures but this doesn't seem to be a cable problem.

Just powering the system up sitting on the ground, power up the controller and slew the gimbal down to 0 deg. Wait long enough and it always starts to twitch back to 90 deg.

Have tried all the gimbal installation guides. No physical interferences. Wires are all routed away for any physical contact. ESC wires moved away from gimbal too. Tried controller stick calibration as well. 3DR talked me through all the debug steps and ultimately replaced the gimbal.

New gimbal is installed. New gimbal works fine for a while. Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes 1 minute sometimes 10 minutes, but always starts the twitch to 90 deg.

Last edited:
Tom,

I have finally discovered a workaround. If I use mission planner to override the solo controller inputs on RC6 with a joystick input, it blocks the commands from the solo controller and the gimbal stops twitching. If I disable the joy stick override then the twitching starts again. Looks like the twitching is a solo controller problem.

I can watch the RC1 through RC6 inputs using mission planner. When the gimbal twitching starts the RC inputs just start randomly changing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc