Gimbal rubbing plastic ?

Reaction score
So as you can see in the pictures the back arm of the gimbal is digging into the plastic. Is there any adjustment on these? Anyone seen this before?
c0502257bc14a4e45ef6bd6fa7b63adb.jpg
0b6b1be1c190b77157ce0f269c3e0cf8.jpg
419779aed8995345067e674a32c0d5eb.jpg

Should be about a 1 to 2mm gap. I guess you crashed recently? You likely bent the roll arm and/or the yaw arm. More pictures, more better.

Level with the gimbal, right hand side, focused on how level the roll arm is... It is likely bent up or back. The bird needs to be on all fours...to see correctly.

Again, level with the gimbal, front on. And again, the bird needs to be on all fours...to see correctly. Otherwise parallax is a bitch to deal with.

Also make sure all the rubber gimbal balls are seated correctly, drone worship missed an unseated ball and it was very hard to recognize.

I’ve noticed my foam insert for travel doesn’t fit anymore??? It won’t fit between the bottom of the drone and the gimbal.

I’ve noticed my foam insert for travel doesn’t fit anymore??? It won’t fit between the bottom of the drone and the gimbal.
This indicates a bent main arm to me . The one that runs vertically down from the Solo's belly

71da5f1e985128ca015dd5b9179dad9f.jpg

Anyway to upload a video? My gimbal is now tilting back and forth very fast and actually slamming. It’s not the camera roll but the one that keeps the camera level.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You have a bent arm in there somewhere from what I can tell. The IMU in the gimbal is engaging in axis swapping/mixing it would appear. Either that or maybe the IMU is damaged and outputting garbage data.

IMU is located on the PCB behind the GoPro. If I recall, upper left corner if viewed from the GoPro connector side.. Tiny little chip....like 4x4mm..... labeled INV600 I think....

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
It's just below the GP connector on the back side of the board...mpu-6000

I suspect the roll arm is bent up, based on the OP's detailing and the video. Maybe the yaw arm got a little twisted. In either case, the two arms should align perpendicular to one another on all axes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea