Gimbal reset?

Reaction score
This past Sunday, on my second flight, I had a crash. I had just turned on the orbit mode when all of a sudden, controller lost signal, my solo took off sideways and when it regained signal it attempted to return to the starting location but hit a tree on the way back (Youtube video of crash:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
). I had destroyed the propellers in the crash so I had to wait for a new set. When I went to fly today, my gimbal isn't showing up and has a blinking red led on the back. According to the Solo gimbal troubleshooting page a 'breathing' red led means -Breathing red: the gimbal is in a temporary fault mode. Restart the gimbal, and if the issue persists, please contact customer support. I opened it up, checked all connections which were all connected, the silver disk on the back turns the gimbal, but it doesnt show up in the Solo app and while it passes video, it doesnt give me any options like recording. The good news is I did get a warranty and they have sent me the money back (and let me keep the gimbal) so I can get another if needed, but is there anything I can do to fix this one before purchasing another?

If this doesn't work it is often a problem with the mainboard.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Not holding up much hope since the solo doesnt even recognize the gimbal is there anymore but got nothing to lose at this point.

If this doesn't work it is often a problem with the mainboard.

Hi, I tried to download Mission Planner and set it up but it wanted me to plug in stuff and I am like plug in what and where? I have a 3DR solo. I think I did something wrong or clicked on something wrong. Can you help me? I would love to setup my drone via this software.

At the beginning of the video he tells you exactly how to connect to your Solo wireless with WiFi. There is no plugging in anything.

i have a other question about 3dr solo gimbal

it is here hi i need help with 3dr solo gimbal i installed the open-source opensolo and and when solo boot up the gimbal is not like it was it was 90 degrees when solo boot up with 3dr solo Firmware but now when i boot up solo with the open-source opensolo Firmware it don't boot up the gimbal to 90 degrees

i will like to use the Mission Planner to try to fix it but my computer desktop doesn't have a wifi card but i have a linksys wifi router is a easy way to route the solo wifi to my linksys router let my desktop computer see my solo it can see the Mission Planner?

Attachments

• DA69C3AB-043C-412A-AF84-D349D9EA3CD2.png
    DA69C3AB-043C-412A-AF84-D349D9EA3CD2.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 23

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421