Gimbal Question

Reaction score
Hello, I'm very new to all of this and I have a question that is so simple that I am almost afraid to ask it.....

Do the gimbal and gopro rotate side to side or does it always face forward with the solo in a straight ahead direction? The way that it's built it seem like it would be able to rotate orbitally underneath the solo but I can't figure out how to do this.

Sorry to ask something so simple but none of my searches provided the answer that I am looking for.

OK, there it is, I asked!

Thanks,
Chris

It rotates side to side SLIGHTLY, but you don't have control over that. It's to smooth out and stabilize the video when using yaw. Its the Solo that rotates with the camera attached.

It's a 3 axis stabilizer but you only have control over pitch. There is, apparently, just enough yaw damping to smooth your video.

Ok, that's what I thought but wanted to be sure i wasn't missing out on a feature. thank you for the reply.

I had the same question, but in flight the craft yaw is all you need to pan left, right smoothly. The paddle on the front of the controller then only adjusts the up/down direction of the gimbal. This turns out to be a good thing, otherwise you might be continually having to adjust both camera yaw and Solo yaw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo