Gimbal Pointing Issue

Reaction score
Website
www.my-spot.com
I though about hijacking this thread but my issue is not exactly the same and I didn't really find a similar issue after spending an hour or so using search. In any case, my gimbal slowly went wonky on my last flight, at first in yaw and then in roll. I still seemed to have pitch control. Roll, as seen in the video, corrected itself after landing, yaw did not. After this flight I packed-up and drove 200 miles home. At home I powered up Solo and the gimbal seemed to center and behave correctly but I have not flown since.

By way of full disclosure, I was flying with a Neewer ND16 filter without any corresponding balance. While not balanced with power off, the gimbal didn't make any undue noise and worked fine for several previous flights with the filter.

The screen capture video below highlights what happened. Any thoughts?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

With the ease and minimal cost of balancing; why chance damaging a gimbal?
Balancing is my next step. Just looking at which method I'm going to go with, coins and velcro, clip-on, designing and printing something, etc. As for damage due to unbalanced ND filter use, has anyone actually experienced damage from this?

By way of an update, I flew Solo last night and the gimbal behaved normally, so the loss of orientation control seemed to be temporary...

I balanced my gimbal with 2 pennies and Velcro. Works perfectly- why spend $30?:cool:

I really like the gimbal lock for use when I put the Solo in my backpack. Easy to readjust balance with or without different NDs or filters.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc